Sold the Meglio Cup Car... Now project 205...

Thanks. I noticed that for the o/s shaft you've extended the shaft that I see on mine is the one between the diff and the drive shaft support bearing.
Have you swapped your shafts around?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No that's the outer shafts mate, the gearbox end half shaft is different, also has the rifled end that locates into the diff

http://www.clio197.net/threads/gw-197-ex-michelin-road-cup-racer-track-car-sprints.53560/

Ok. It does look like that on the 200 they decided to change them around.
As I have a solid shaft from the support bearing to the o/s wheel bearing.

Ok. It does look like that on the 200 they decided to change them around.
As I have a solid shaft from the support bearing to the o/s wheel bearing.

Yes mate I see, that's more like the meg shafts.

So no big updates. However did decide to buy unwelded track rods. Just for safety's sake. The anti rotation links are fine as they don't take a lot of grief, just keep inner hub straight.

New track rods are off a Toyota Corolla

http://www.clio197.net/threads/gw-197-ex-michelin-road-cup-racer-track-car-sprints.53560/

The Clio is finished and back on the road again!

The racer geo is not as crazy as I first thought it would be. The front camber is around -3.5 degrees with the top mounts in their neutral position.

Driveshafts are awesome, no issues with turning/noise under load. They sit bang on in then cvs. Of course at -3.5 degrees I'm at my minimum camber with top mounts out, so more camber won't be an issue.

Drives just as it did before, of course looking forward to getting to know it on track again!

The track rods are kind of temporary, I figured out a better way to make them using 4 standard track rods.. all for piece of mind and safety. However these will be spares!

df3f19f999cea2b7a8a648a32a1fb860.jpg

064d5cdfe58780c54788e0436c25e673.jpg

765b1d3389960389f341aac6668c78c1.jpg

Reactions: Sean197 and Beany
Love those pics. There are times when I'm washing my car and I catch it from a certain angle and get the full width of the arches and I just think 'jesus that looks good'.

Reactions: peter and A1axx
Love those pics. There are times when I'm washing my car and I catch it from a certain angle and get the full width of the arches and I just think 'jesus that looks good'.

Totally agree mate. The front arches are just so badass. Wish they'd given just a touch more width the rear ones too. Would look even better!

Oh and @A1axx you know my thoughts as I've said it often enough but I LOVE this car!

Reactions: A1axx
Look at that garage.!! What I wouldn't give for one like that

P.s. Car looks alright as well:wink:

Fantastic mate......great result. Some serious metal behind you !!

Saw the vids on facearse too. You were going REALLY well.

Bet the bug has well and truly bitten :smile: