Sold the Meglio Cup Car... Now project 205...

Nice! Really like what you've done with this car, taking it to another level! Hope to see it in the flesh at some point

Reactions: A1axx
Slow updates...:

So the Racer geo.. all works in round numbers of 25mm

+25mm of track per side
25mm of RC and Bump correction
+25mm Anti rotation links to 175mm
+30mm shafts (went slightly longer, can increase again with 8mm spacers on the end safely if needed for less camber)
+12mm track rods

From Renault, everything is sleeved, of course shafts are different.

Though it may look like an attempt to dodge buying genuine parts there's no point paying stupid money for something I can make! It's all made with lovely CDS tubing. The shafts will have CDS fillers as well to bring to oem diameter.

59487a1e7207f3adc5ec049cc304a961.jpg
b55c6b20d8513aab6c4276e4bbf2cc03.jpg3fe266ed2c9af5d68de8734d4b336020.jpg
To be plated underneath to support as well
d20b142f6189486585a071027f514087.jpg488f2e6ca2115e9370ee2c07dbeef25c.jpg

http://www.clio197.net/threads/gw-197-ex-michelin-road-cup-racer-track-car-sprints.53560/

Extended the drive shafts?.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes mate, gone +30mm per shaft, leaves the option of adding a spacer on the end if you need a little extra.

Camber is -5 on full with my top mounts and about -3.75 in the middle position (strut nut in the middle)

http://www.clio197.net/threads/gw-197-ex-michelin-road-cup-racer-track-car-sprints.53560/

Did u by any chance check that they are true after applying high intense heat in that area?

Did u by any chance check that they are true after applying high intense heat in that area?

Also worth mentioning, the speed of our driveshafts are not like the speed of a rwd propshaft as they have been slowed down by the diff already, the rpm at 125mph is something like 1800rpm, opposed to pre diff speeds of like 8000rpm

Reactions: sevenfourate
apologies if any intelligence was insulted. Non intentional.
The sleeve rod, was this machined to fit if so what was the dimension.
Ren parts drive shafts are still in design stage. So looks like it's going to be a diy job.

apologies if any intelligence was insulted. Non intentional.
The sleeve rod, was this machined to fit if so what was the dimension.
Ren parts drive shafts are still in design stage. So looks like it's going to be a diy job.

No it's cool, I've just been looking into it a little bit. Any issues il raise straight away!

From factory they aren't actually true, the drivers side shaft in particular.

No because luckily the shafts are lovely whole numbers of dimensions, so 25 & 30mm tubes slide very snugly up the inside of the hollow drive shafts!

We done a quick pass with not too much heat then a pass to fill the gaps.

When you roll them one of the shafts has about 1mm of rise at one end, but like I say this is due to the friction weld from the factory not actually being centralised, worth making sure you weld it all up in alignment as before it was cut.

Thanks. I noticed that for the o/s shaft you've extended the shaft that I see on mine is the one between the diff and the drive shaft support bearing.
Have you swapped your shafts around?