Growing old with an Asbo.

So recently we decided to downsize a little so I sold up some of my cars and went searching the net for an interesting car for me to use back and forth to Aberdeen for going away to work. To my delight I found a mint 2009 Clio 197 lux with the cup pack, full leather, aero pack, diamond cut wheels, 39,000 miles. The car is in exceptional condition for its age with only a few minor faults. Steering wheel was all worn (common fault) and the rear callipers have flakey paint.

So since buying the car I have had it detailed changed the steering wheel for a new one made by Royal steering wheels absolutely delighted with it looks and feels amazing. Added an auxiliary cable to the stereo, fitted wind deflectors on the doors and added led number plate lights unfortunately 1 is faulty so hopefully get this replaced. Here is some of the pics I have so far, I don't have any of the of the wind deflectors but will add some soon.

My only niggle with the car so far is the alarm keeps going off for no reason I have disconnected the bonnet switch but no joy so I now lock the car holding the lock button for 5s before getting out locks the car with no alarm (well I think that's the case the alarm hasn't gone off since!)

Hoping to in the near future do some dressing under the bonnet paint the cam cover and inlet manifold/throttle body etc will keep you all posted though. Might go for polishing/smoothing out the internals at the same time will see how I go.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
Here is a before and after of the steering wheel.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Absolutely stunning! That wheel is awesome too - it's amazing how they have been done in so many configurations.

Reactions: Alan Stewart
That wheel is gorgeous, just how I want mine doing when I get round to doing it!

Anyone else who's debadged their car starting to think the "C L I O" actually looks good ha, sigh... might put mine back on!

Last edited:
One word mate. Beautiful! I prefer the 197s looks over the 200 and this has confirmed this.

Colin

Beautiful looking car as i said in your join-up thread Alan. With the recent detail it looks simply stunning. And the wheel looks great too. Who's skills did you employ for that ?

I preferred a 197 when i very first looked too. However i'm so glad i bought a newer 200 now.

Ask Chris if he prefers any MK3 to his current MK4 and see what his answer is (I might be surprised !!!).......its hardly surprising people have at the very least; some affinity to their own shape / style. And i'm no different in preferring mine. However: time moves on. Even if i dont in the most part !

Enjoy your car Alan. Your obviously passionate from your post. Look forward to seeing how things progress.