Gran Turismo 5 WTF?

Hmm did i recieve a demo version or something?

Massively dissapointed, the previous game far exceeded this one in every aspect, they have released the two games the wrong way round!

10,000 vehicles? no chance, cant see any evidence of damage. Half the race events as the last game. No brake upgrades? Shocking music.

You get to drive the top gear test track oh yeah, but in a vw bus and you get disqualified for hitting the cones. But the worst of all, no Nurburgring?

All you get from Renault Sport is a 5 door megane and a ph1 v6, personally annoyed at that.

Graphics barely improved from the last ps2 version, if at all. Didnt even redesign the dashboard!

Terrible effort Sony, what aloada hype for such a let down :worried:

I got this yesterday and think it's a decent improvement on GT4, new cars, new tracks, better phsics and better graphic!

10,000 vehicles? no chance, cant see any evidence of damage. Half the race events as the last game. No brake upgrades? Shocking music.

Damage is available later on in the game after about level 30 i think. No brake upgrades which is a shame but in general brakes seem to be ok on the cars anyway

You get to drive the top gear test track oh yeah, but in a vw bus and you get disqualified for hitting the cones. But the worst of all, no Nurburgring?

Yea thats in the license bits and it works exactly like all previous GT games, once you complete the licence there the top gear track becomes available in arcade more. Nurburgring is also available, not sure when it gets unlocked but I definitely have it available

The ring is available when you complete the SLS challenge. They never promised 10000 cars. It was 1000. Remember only 200 of those 1000 are premium next gen. The other 800 are imported from GT4. Kaz has stated standards will get upgraded to premium in future updates.

Last edited:
There are a lot of bits not quite there (I.e face tracking in career) but hopefully they'll keep updating.

Once you get past the apprehension and discover its strengths I would say GT5 is a very special game :smile:

I got this yesterday. I am impressed with it so far but I have only played it for a couple of hours. I did notice the lack of brake upgrades aswell, that's abit poor tbh.

I loved forza 3 and played it for months and I were hoping that gt5 did live up to all the hype. From what I have seen so far roll on forza 4

Also; massive joke on installation time

Half an hour to install to the hard drive, it got to 21 seconds left and crashed. Then Sony wonder why die hard playstation fans like me have gone out and bought an xbox 360…

Last edited:
Also; massive joke on installation time

Half an hour to install to the hard drive, it got to 21 seconds left and crashed. Then Sony wonder why die hard playstation fans like me have gone out and bought an xbox 360…

+1

I will hopefully be getting GT5 soon, so ill be able to make the comparison between Forza 3.
Oh and to the OP, I thought that you could get a 172 Cup aswell? Im suprised that they havent put a 197/200 in there aswell.

Ive always been a PS man, but last year I got myself a 360 aswell to see what the hype was about. So glad I did now. I got COD on the 360 this time, and after hearing of all the problems PS users have, im glad.

imo its a good game you just need to play it for it to become its full potential I was a bit miffed at first but once I played it and unlocked things it became a lot better. On-line is exp is amazing if anyone wants to play online add me to PSN "sockme" also disappointed theres no R27 :\

LOL, i'm so glad I haven't got a games console. I just prefer to go to the places for real in real life :smile:

(obviously, i'm too scared to drive round it in real life though :wink:)

Oh and how could i forget this gripe, the loading time is rediculous for such a small game!

a 2 minute wait for every race is unacceptable. Waiting 20 seconds for a car picture to show up whilst browsing is a joke and almost every move with the cursor provokes a painfully slow 'installing' wait period before the game catches up. GT4 was twice the game :worried:

Oh and how could i forget this gripe, the loading time is rediculous for such a small game!

a 2 minute wait for every race is unacceptable. Waiting 20 seconds for a car picture to show up whilst browsing is a joke and almost every move with the cursor provokes a painfully slow 'installing' wait period before the game catches up. GT4 was twice the game :worried:

Ive just started mine up.

Update, FUUUUUUUUU!!!!

Got to the main menu and its slow as hell. I didnt even get chance to race, I got annoyed with how slow it was being.
The best thing is, ive now got to go through the whole process again, as I was on my dad's new PS3 (which he won on a raffle, lol), so ive just put it in my PS3 to start off the fun again!

To speed things up I've heard its best to sign out of psn.

Also. Is it true you don't get any money for doing online races? Seems kinda pointless if that's the case.

On the endurance race subject. I done the first one. Took 2 hours cause I picked a car equal to the computer cars and all I get at the end is 140k? WTF! What a waste of time that was.

mildly dissapointed at GT5, but I have to say the challenges are pretty good and the special events are awesome.

I have sat all day and played gt5 today seen as I'm off from work until the fifth of jan.

When I loaded it up yesterday I was quite impressed with the game, after a few hours today all I can say is I'm really disappointed.

Loading times are an absolute joke, even with the game installed they take the p!^$.

The money for winning races is rubbish, I have to do the same races over and over again to get enough money to buy another car to progress through the game to then repeat this process.

Some races are impossibly difficult to win, Sony have messed up by making the game one difficulty. The selection of cars from the dealers is very limited.

If you want decent cars you have to watch the used car section which has random cars I it after every race.

So far the license idea that was carried over from previous GTs has had no effect on the game what so ever as I can enter every race anyway asking as j have the correct car.

I'm really disappointed in it. I have forza 3 for my 360 and IMO that game is a he'll of alot better.

All I can say is roll on forza 4

Last edited by a moderator:

Similar Thread Suggestions