Gordini colours

Does anyone know how many of each colour were produced?

I know they were most were blue but never see any other white ones and don't think I've ever seen a black one.

I saw a load of white ones in the yard at Dieppe 5 years ago but I've never seen another since, saw a black one on ebay a few days ago.

I've also seen a black one on eBay recently. Shocked me as I didn't even know they did a black one. May have been same one @930Tech saw.

And before I bought mine, I saw a white one for sale on gumtree in Glenrothes/Kirkcaldy area which was about 4 months ago now.

As for numbers....info on that seem to be very vague and hard to come by. Says it's a limited run of 500 but I'm getting the impression there's nowhere near that number in total so good luck with finding any more info out

I like that a lot. Unusual blue I'm guessing it's a special colour for the gordini range. Notice a small badge by the rear quarter again a gordini touch. Stunning car

Paul

Reactions: Gordini
I like that a lot. Unusual blue I'm guessing it's a special colour for the gordini range. Notice a small badge by the rear quarter again a gordini touch. Stunning car

Paul
Thanks Paul. It is Malta Blue (bleu malt) and almost has a pearly quality. Sometimes looks a little putple. Apparently there are about 9 colours in it to mix up. Looks better in the flesh :smile:

Dammit @Gordini beat me to it...lol. But here's what his would have looked like before mods lol

IMG_1164.JPG

But as been said mainly a styling package, the white bits, stripes, leather black/blue interior, with blue gearstick gaitor and blue on steering wheel with two white stripes at top.

No extra performance or handling characteristics which is a shame.

And yes the badge on rear quarter says "Gordini series"

Reactions: Gordini
Here is couple of pictures about my old Gordini.
Gordinis included lot of extras (bluetooth, leather interior, rs monitor, folding mirrors etc). In my opinion most "lux" model in clio 200 range.

big.jpg

big.jpg

big.jpg

Reactions: paul jennings
These are growing on me ever since I saw one at a car supermarket which was sold so I couldn't have a good poke around.

I was actually surprised to find that there are quite a few gordinis for sale on auto trader and that prices seem reasonable. Evo said that it was a good car, but a bit overpriced new as the gordini touches were just cosmetic. But to me that makes it worth considering as a used buy when prices are similar to any other RS200.

There are in fact two for sale nearby. Both 10 plates, one with cup and one without (condition looks a little better on this one), and both similar mileage with one on 49000 and the other 45000. Priced at around £7500 each. Does that sound about right price wise if condition and history check out? I could be tempted.

Compared to mine personally (60 plate, 43k miles roughly, with cup pack and aftermarket (custom) exhaust) I'd say they're pretty good prices.

Can't remember and not at home to check but think I paid between 8-9k for mine.

Articles I've read also state it's a tad overpriced when compared to the standard 200 as there's no more power/handling over the standard, underneath the paint and leather and stripes it is after all basically a 200. So they were comparing it to that.

But...on the other side, it is a limited edition run, a "special", so will hold its value slightly more so again compared to a 200, not taking anything away from the 200s. So it retains that slightly higher price tag etc.

Edit: sorry and mines got the optional blue inserts on the wheels, which at factory spec was £100 extra, normally came with black inserts.

I might be able to look at one tomorrow on my way home from work. It's got red callipers so I'm assuming cup unless the previous owner had painted them.

Always worth a look and can't harm anything. Apart from maybe a bank balance lol. As others have said they look miles better in the flesh than any pic can do.

I would also assume it's got the cup unless you say they've been painted...hey reminds me I need to actually check if mine is cup or been painted. Lol

These are growing on me ever since I saw one at a car supermarket which was sold so I couldn't have a good poke around.

I was actually surprised to find that there are quite a few gordinis for sale on auto trader and that prices seem reasonable. Evo said that it was a good car, but a bit overpriced new as the gordini touches were just cosmetic. But to me that makes it worth considering as a used buy when prices are similar to any other RS200.

There are in fact two for sale nearby. Both 10 plates, one with cup and one without (condition looks a little better on this one), and both similar mileage with one on 49000 and the other 45000. Priced at around £7500 each. Does that sound about right price wise if condition and history check out? I could be tempted.
Good luck with it mate, prices sound ok to me. I paid a lot more for a mid 2012 14k miler in perfect condition (annoyingly a couple of months later there was a 3k mile car for the same price) :smile: Ktec offered me £10.5k for mine recently against their R26R.

There are 17 on auto trader! Although some are 1.6 and even a 1.5dci. The 2.0's range from 7-15k in price depending on mileage.

Cup chassis - is there any other way to check than just red callipers?

There are 17 on auto trader! Although some are 1.6 and even a 1.5dci. The 2.0's range from 7-15k in price depending on mileage.

Cup chassis - is there any other way to check than just red callipers?
To be honest I don't know if it matters. I have a non-cup and have gone to B14 suspension and red (Megane) calipers. Only thing I'm lacking is the slightly quicker rack but the standard one is great.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Wozzer Clio General Chat 0
1 Clios For Sale 8
S Gordini Register 1
molo New Members 3
Wozzer Clio 200 Area 5