Gordan the Gordini

UPDATE!!

13237662_10208396248816537_1814997645631763678_n.jpg

What's been done:

Spark Plugs:

They were fairly poor after they were inspected. At 27,000 miles. They were replaced with NGK Platinum plugs.

Oil:

Another oil change using Nanodrive. I saw the guy pour in 5.4L but it's so clear on the dipstick it's hard to see! Lovely.

Brake Pads all around:

Front's were chipped off both sides, rears were seized on and upon removal, fell to peices. Replaced with Renault OEM Pads.

Swapped Tyres around for longetivity...
New Exhaust Clamp...

Brake Fluid Test...

TODO:

Left side ball joint,
Varley Red Top 15,
Gearbox oil, replacing Fuchs Titan with Millers.

£175 spent today.

News about mount bolt issue:I contacted Dan @ SJM via voicemail as I can never seem to get an answer. I asked about the screws and how this could have happened, they were all OUT of their sockets and completely loose. I've had no reply.

Makes me wonder if the cambelt has been done properly. As I've got the car going in next month for the TODO list above, I'm going to have a full inspection of the belt and all the bolts in the general area. Will post the results here.

Update from Dan@SJM:

I managed to contact dan just after I posted this through Facebook. I totally believe that he didn't get my voice mail message and if not, maybe he deleted it by accident. Anyway, good news is, he's agreed to bring new bolts to FCS Saturday and fit them for free for me. Job done!

Last edited:
good job..had my plugs replaced about 2 years ago..do you think they are due again??
glad she is all ok..

That's a good result from SJM, nice of him to do the work at FCS. Had the seized brakes done any damage to the discs?
[MENTION=41063]Pav[/MENTION] it's every 36k for the plug change - so it'll be down to how many miles you've done since last time :smile:

good job..had my plugs replaced about 2 years ago..do you think they are due again??
glad she is all ok..

It's a HE! Haha! All good. Mine were awful at 27k but I'm going to assume, like oil changes, that Renault don't really factor in the abuse!

That's a good result from SJM, nice of him to do the work at FCS. Had the seized brakes done any damage to the discs?
@Pav it's every 36k for the plug change - so it'll be down to how many miles you've done since last time :smile:

Yep, exactly. Not a bad thing to say about all of this, seems to be a massive misunderstanding. This is why I didn't point fingers in the first place! I felt it OK to mention the company name and result because of this. Very good service as usual. You can tell he cares about his work which is very good news to me.

Rear discs are not so flat anymore but they're salvagable. I'll get new ones when they start looking awful :smile: They just have small ridges is all.

Just to clarify also, he ALWAYS torques them to spec (his words). It seems my bolts are knackered hence why he has agreed to replace them.

Last edited:
Good result overall and as you say, sometimes it's worth holding off with the finger pointing until you've got all the facts.

Fair point about holding off with the discs if it's not worth changing them yet. Mine were knacked after they seized, but they had stuck on quite bad...

Good result overall and as you say, sometimes it's worth holding off with the finger pointing until you've got all the facts.

Fair point about holding off with the discs if it's not worth changing them yet. Mine were knacked after they seized, but they had stuck on quite bad...
I'm hoping to get some grooved discs after these ones all go out in the bin.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I have MTEC grooved/drilled fronts on mine, OEM for the rears. Pretty happy with them really.
Are they expensive? I'm not looking for absolutely top of the range spec but something fast road would be preferred quality wise.

Are they expensive? I'm not looking for absolutely top of the range spec but something fast road would be preferred quality wise.

Not expensive at all, very reasonably priced. Here's a link to their site. I'm more than happy with mine - they work very well, an improvement over OEM imo. For the price they are a good choice, especially for what you're after. Quite a few on here have had them fitted. There will be better quality and better performing discs out there of course, but these are good for the price.

Not expensive at all, very reasonably priced. Here's a link to their site. I'm more than happy with mine - they work very well, an improvement over OEM imo. For the price they are a good choice, especially for what you're after. Quite a few on here have had them fitted. There will be better quality and better performing discs out there of course, but these are good for the price.
I'll pick some up then soon enough ☺

When I had my car in uni I didn't have any money to spend on maintenance so paying for it now haha!

It's already feeling much better, everything is smoother. The brakes are much sharper now. Something I've defo noticed pulling up to roundabouts lol!

they are good disc Kaz..have had them over 2 years now..cant fault them..they make this cool noise like a jet taking off :wink:

Hahaha! If it involves noise, I likey. Any of you heading to FCS? I'll be there from 9am to 11am. Heading off to Bournemouth then.

wish i was Kaz but doing the Route 500 with Chris91 and Jimmyd81...hope its as good as it was last year..have you booked track time??

Similar Thread Suggestions