Gordan the Gordini

nice mods mate...glad u enjoyed the wales run last year..really interested in reading a review on the crank pulley..no one has done it yet...
surprised that ur insurance went down so massively :zomg:
keep it up..

Waiting for the next update. :wink:

Honestly mate. I've been dying to get it on! The induction kit improved throttle response so I can't help but think this will further improve it again!

What Chris said. However, it's not a loud exhaust.

Akra is expensive. I'm a student working 20 hours a week, don't think I can pull a grand out. I'm saving for a mortgage deposit at the moment too.

nice mods mate...glad u enjoyed the wales run last year..really interested in reading a review on the crank pulley..no one has done it yet...
surprised that ur insurance went down so massively :zomg:
keep it up..

Yeah! I couldn't believe it mate. Plenty of room for saving and modifications then! I think it's because I turned 21. The run was fun, improved my driving skill and helped me get to grips with the car, especially with the fast run home with the focus, that was fun.

Then try to get your hands on the used Miltek, decat it and put a y-pipe on it. Sounds great.

And concerning the pulley - you'll see/notice the difference.
Like I wrote before - the only negative side effect is the increase in the vibrations while on idle. But the upside of an increased throttle response beats the increased vibrations on idle. IMO. :wink:
However, my car is on uprated engine mounts.

Then try to get your hands on the used Miltek, decat it and put a y-pipe on it. Sounds great.

And concerning the pulley - you'll see/notice the difference.
Like I wrote before - the only negative side effect is the increase in the vibrations while on idle. But the upside of an increased throttle response beats the increased vibrations on idle. IMO. :wink:
However, my car is on uprated engine mounts.

Is it hard to put a Y Pipe on it?

Yeah I can imagine. Going from 2kg~ to 500g~ is a big difference.

I'll only do the engine mounts when needed. At the moment though, the car lights dim when it's put in neutral, so I can assume the battery needs changing for a new one?

It's not an easy job.
Exhaust manifold needs to be removed and as far as I can see - labour costs in the UK are not cheap for that job.

And the lights - it could be the alternator but probably is the battery.

[video=youtube_share;_jBN-9aHWUg]http://youtu.be/_jBN-9aHWUg[/video]

Last edited:
Sounds great :smiley:

Upcoming:
Miltek Decat and Catback;
Lowering Springs
Silvervisions
Fitting the Crank Pulley
White Speedline Turini's
Colour Coded RenaultSport Side Skirts

(Saving slowly for these so will not be bought in bulk but rather done slowly)

Last edited:
Just fitted my induction kit. Wow its loud. More pitched than I was expecting but very surprising how much noise it makes!

Just fitted my induction kit. Wow its loud. More pitched than I was expecting but very surprising how much noise it makes!

It does indeed! I don't think it adds any BHP personally. Raced a standard 197 and we were neck and neck, neither of us moved. Certainly improves response and sounds excellent though!

Update:

Some good news. I've finished University and am heading in to an IT Consultancy job at, must I say, a decent wage for a Graduate. I'll be @ £27k a year working 7 days a week. Essentially, I'll be living at home for the next two to three years, so this is my time to enjoy myself, so good news!

After much research, I've decided the car will go in for a Stage Three conversion @ ClioTurbo, I've not inquired about it yet as I'm not settled in to my job, so yes, a dream, but a dream that is close to becoming a reality. This year, as I'm going from 7k to 27k, I'm looking to thoroughly enjoy myself by doing what I've enjoyed previously, modifying cars.

I need some feedback on motorway miles. I'll have to travel two hours per day, so while MPG won't be an issue as I'll actually have money for a change... Is it a good idea to swap the box for a Megane box? Will it link up to the F4R engine? Interesting to know as my box isn't entirely healthy at the moment either and I suspect It'll probably crap itself when I have 300-330bhp going through it.

I'm an IT consultant, **** doing 7 days a week though mate or did you mean 5?

7 days a week for 3 months, once I pass probation I'll quit my second job and drop to 20k.

Funnily enough Rich, I was down Bournemouth having an interview about 2 days ago :smile: Cost me a fair bit to get there.... Very nice place. Love the accents too :smiley:

Thanks Matt, but once I get the car done I'll have my weekends back so I can enjoy it. Small sacrifice tbh... :smile:

Last edited:
7 days, as an IT consultant - for 3 months?? When you say IT consultant, I assume you mean in the channel for vendor or reseller?

I did 150 miles a day nearly everyday for a year, it sucks travelling and the only saving grace was I was in a MkV TDi that I couldn't have given a **** about. I wouldn't want to be putting the miles on something I cared about - esepcially if you are footing the travel expenses because I'm guessing you must be looking at £30+ a day.

Similar Thread Suggestions