Gordan the Gordini

I've fitted my new RenaultSport official mats and they look awesome!

Glass seals were peice of cheese to do, I also bought some quality plastic tools dedicated for prying plastics and they helped tremendously when pushing the glass seal under the window; 0% paint scratch and no damage to the glass seal.

Just waiting to get paid now so I can invest in a new door handle.

Reactions: Pav
I've fitted my new RenaultSport official mats and they look awesome!

Glass seals were peice of cheese to do, I also bought some quality plastic tools dedicated for prying plastics and they helped tremendously when pushing the glass seal under the window; 0% paint scratch and no damage to the glass seal.

Just waiting to get paid now so I can invest in a new door handle.
Got a link to the tools? I'm going to do my seals soon. Cheers

Just bought them. Thanks
No problem! They should last you years, maybe your entire life if you just use them for maintenance like I do. They're really solid so even at 10 quid, I didn't think it would be worth getting cheaper ones.

Enjoy.

Just realised this thread has turned out to be more of a general maintenance thread the mad mods and sods I intended it to be but ah well, as I've aged I've realised I need the money to go other places. Once I'm settled I'm sure I'll do more interesting things!

Reactions: Jimmy and Big Ben
Well, Saturday is the day Gordan is being traded in. His new home will be Pewsham Garage in Chippenham. I'm taking out the new Abarth 595 competizione 180 bhp as an exchange.

I've had so many problems with this car and I think I've lead myself to believe that this is normal, it's not.

If anyone sees the car, or wants it. It needs no work. Everything that I've noticed has been sorted and the way I've treated the engine means you should have many more miles to come, even after 100k.

I've had really good memories with the clio and while he cost me an arm and a leg at the end, it can surely be forgiven by the smiles I've gotten from it. Another reason for the swap is economy. The clio just isn't sensible on the motorway.

Thank you everyone, I'll still lurk as always [emoji5]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Well that's come out of the blue Kaz.... Shame the Clio is going, but no point holding onto it if your heart isn't in it. I like Abarths, great looking cars and they sound terrific - hope you enjoy it.

Stick around, and get some pics up of the new whip :smile:

Well that's come out of the blue Kaz.... Shame the Clio is going, but no point holding onto it if your heart isn't in it. I like Abarths, great looking cars and they sound terrific - hope you enjoy it.

Stick around, and get some pics up of the new whip :smile:
I've been pondering the idea for a while. I've been very jealous of my girlfriend who seems to have no problems at all in her hyundai while I'm taking days off from work trying to get things repaired to be slapped with parts and labour at the end too!

I test drove the abarth 595 145bhp model for fun really, to see what's around but my god, even driving it for a short period of time was fun and it was effortless! I then went and test drive the 180 bhp version which solved the top end being poor in the lower bhp version and it pulls like an animal. Certainly quicker than the 200 I have now.

I'll certainly post some pictures up. Gordan was my car but this abarth is on pcp, so I'm effectively renting it which is perfect because I get to hand it back and have no problems at the end and maybe a new car again if I choose so! It was only 50 quid more expensive a month so I couldn't say no, to me, the worry free motoring excuse is a good excuse.

Alas, I do have plans to purchase another clio when I get a house with a garage and use it as a track toy. So you will certainly be seeing me in a few years around here again.

Reactions: Jimmy
Will have some parts up for sale shortly after I've picked the new car up Saturday.

KTR INTAKE
RS STEERING WHEEL INSERT
RENAULTSPORT MATS (2 WEEKS OLD)
PIPER CROSS PANEL FILTER
WIND DEFLECTORS

Think that's it! All other mods need to stay on the car such as exhaust, pins, mounts.

I've been pondering the idea for a while. I've been very jealous of my girlfriend who seems to have no problems at all in her hyundai while I'm taking days off from work trying to get things repaired to be slapped with parts and labour at the end too!

I test drove the abarth 595 145bhp model for fun really, to see what's around but my god, even driving it for a short period of time was fun and it was effortless! I then went and test drive the 180 bhp version which solved the top end being poor in the lower bhp version and it pulls like an animal. Certainly quicker than the 200 I have now.

I'll certainly post some pictures up. Gordan was my car but this abarth is on pcp, so I'm effectively renting it which is perfect because I get to hand it back and have no problems at the end and maybe a new car again if I choose so! It was only 50 quid more expensive a month so I couldn't say no, to me, the worry free motoring excuse is a good excuse.

Alas, I do have plans to purchase another clio when I get a house with a garage and use it as a track toy. So you will certainly be seeing me in a few years around here again.

I had an Abarth 500 which was 150 standard and had it remapped to about 190 and yeh agree its almost stupid! Not sure I would want to 'own' one again as build wise the 500 did not feel great, but yeh good plan as its not really yours - if you can get the sabelt seats do it...so, so nice.

What are the RS mats like you have also are they Heko deflectors?

Weirdly I was looking at the Competizione's a couple of days ago. They really look AND sound the part, and had the same thoughts regarding maintenance. My dad would kill me if I got one as he has told me time and again about the issues with the Abarth's not being weather sealed underneath, and the fact the suspension can get quite lively if you lose it. Not sure if that has anything to do with the rear torsion beam? And the servicing requirement, irrespective of mileage every year.
That aside, I'd still like one :tongueout: Looking forward to seeing the pics!

I had an Abarth 500 which was 150 standard and had it remapped to about 190 and yeh agree its almost stupid! Not sure I would want to 'own' one again as build wise the 500 did not feel great, but yeh good plan as its not really yours - if you can get the sabelt seats do it...so, so nice.

What are the RS mats like you have also are they Heko deflectors?
Rs mats are yellow stitching, grey ish in colour. They're brand new.

Yeah no intention of owning it, just to enjoy my cars before I get kids coming along I suppose lol!

Weirdly I was looking at the Competizione's a couple of days ago. They really look AND sound the part, and had the same thoughts regarding maintenance. My dad would kill me if I got one as he has told me time and again about the issues with the Abarth's not being weather sealed underneath, and the fact the suspension can get quite lively if you lose it. Not sure if that has anything to do with the rear torsion beam? And the servicing requirement, irrespective of mileage every year.
That aside, I'd still like one [emoji14] Looking forward to seeing the pics!
I've got the sabelt black trim comp model so it's mental how it feels like a race car inside but also really comfortable! I suppose it's the equivalent of the clio recaros.

My dad also mentioned that it was a tiny car but all the better, go kart!

The suspension is quite intelligent in it, not just standard normal suspension. I believe it's self adjusting.

Reactions: Micah
Rs mats are yellow stitching, grey ish in colour. They're brand new.

Yeah no intention of owning it, just to enjoy my cars before I get kids coming along I suppose lol!

I had my 500 just before my little girl was born it was a final fling so to speak before sensible car for 2+ years! Mine had kono springs and some other mods, fantastic little car certainly a different beast than the 200.

Can you pm me what your after for the matts they sound like the ones I have, just be nice to have a spare set at the right price.

I had my 500 just before my little girl was born it was a final fling so to speak before sensible car for 2+ years! Mine had kono springs and some other mods, fantastic little car certainly a different beast than the 200.

Can you pm me what your after for the matts they sound like the ones I have, just be nice to have a spare set at the right price.
I'll drop you a pm when I've sorted the car out. You'll be the first to know [emoji5]

Reactions: kevlar
Well that's fair enough Kaz, I do hear you on the little niggles that the Clios have - they can get tiresome, especially when you have other, more important places for your finances to be going. PCP seems like a good option for you then - desirable car, plus the hassle-free motoring!

Well that's fair enough Kaz, I do hear you on the little niggles that the Clios have - they can get tiresome, especially when you have other, more important places for your finances to be going. PCP seems like a good option for you then - desirable car, plus the hassle-free motoring!
Thank you mate. I'll post some pictures up when I've got it Saturday!

Reactions: Jimmy

Similar Thread Suggestions