Goodyear tyres, 2 or 3?

Need some new front tyres, looked around and settled on Goodyear eagle f1's.

Question is, asymmetric 2 or 3's?

And is it worth getting them all round the car?

i have them on mine..sure you've checked the reviews...

ass 3

ass 2

overall im quite happy with them..the wet performance is good but im sure there are better tyres out there for this price range..
what im not very impressed with is a longevity..
have been on for 18 months and done about 10k miles..im down to 3-4 mm on the fronts..swapped my wheels over so no problem for now..

Had 2's on all 4 wheels now onto 3's on the front and 2's on the rear. Genuinely noticed zero difference between the 2's and 3's. Both equally great tyres.

Blackcircles has always treated me well for tyre prices and fitting. The Goodyears especially have always been well priced compared to the Continental Conti Sport alternatives.

Last edited:
i have them on mine..sure you've checked the reviews...

ass 3

ass 2

overall im quite happy with them..the wet performance is good but im sure there are better tyres out there for this price range..
what im not very impressed with is a longevity..
have been on for 18 months and done about 10k miles..im down to 3-4 mm on the fronts..swapped my wheels over so no problem for now..
You think? I'm not too savvy on tyres so I wouldn't know... I got offered some kumho ecsta ps71's that are in stock at my local garage but Im unsure if they'd be any good

that's the annoying thing with tyres..they aren't,let's say,cheap so going into an unknown make may be a bit tricky..
i have seen some decent reviews on Nexen but im not in a position to go and spend £300 + on tyres that not many people used..
anyway,im sure the difference between ass2 and 3 isnt very noticeable..

Reactions: Jimmy
If it were me I'd go 3's

Just a thought, Chris was running conti 5's which he rated. For timeattack he had to run Pirelli so he bought P zeros to use as wets and I must say these were very good on track and road in both wet and dry conditions

Reactions: peter
If it were me I'd go 3's

Just a thought, Chris was running conti 5's which he rated. For timeattack he had to run Pirelli so he bought P zeros to use as wets and I must say these were very good on track and road in both wet and dry conditions
Nice video thanks, torn between these, the kumho's or splashing out and getting michelin ps4's

I ran Goodyear asymmetric's on the Focus RS a few years ago and I had no complaints, they did everything I asked of them

The PS4's get good reviews

Ran asy 2 then when the need came I went with asy 3... both good tyres and the tread pattern on the 3 alledgely has a better rolling resistance so more fuel efficient.

Might consider a switch to ps4’s This time round

Nothing wrong with Goodyear assy 2or3. I’d go for cheapest. If they’re evenly priced then assy3

Not sure why the 3's coming out cheaper than the 2's for me. Cant complain.
Cant wait to see the difference compared to the bald tyres I have on now, thanks for the help and suggestions lads

Reactions: Pav and Beany
Having had both 2 and 3 on my car, I can't honestly notice any significant difference - they're as good as each other IMO, so I would absolutely go for the cheapest option available to you.

And a full set of 4 is always preferable, however if you don't need all of them replacing, as long as you've got matching pairs across an axle as a minimum, you'll be ok.

Reactions: Pav and CallorFold
You think? I'm not too savvy on tyres so I wouldn't know... I got offered some kumho ecsta ps71's that are in stock at my local garage but Im unsure if they'd be any good
Everybody drives differently, drives on different roads and have different expectations of tyre performance. The Kumho is a very decent tyre at a very reasonable price. Wet preformance is decent and they are progressive as well, it wont hurt you if you have them fitted and you should only be paying about £70 a corner.

Reactions: JWrs
Everybody drives differently, drives on different roads and have different expectations of tyre performance. The Kumho is a very decent tyre at a very reasonable price. Wet preformance is decent and they are progressive as well, it wont hurt you if you have them fitted and you should only be paying about £70 a corner.
I was put off by the reviews on the ps71's and for only an extra £10 thought why not get the tyres everyone recommends and go for the eagles off of blackcircles.

Anyway, I needed my car for the weekend so decided to go with what my garage had in stock and got some Kumho Ecsta HS51's. £70 a tyre so got them fitted all round. Honestly they are amazing. Not broke them in properly yet but the difference is unbelievable. They handle like a dream and have improved the ride comfort 10 fold from my old tyre's. Nice and quiet and grip for days.

I was put off by the reviews on the ps71's and for only an extra £10 thought why not get the tyres everyone recommends and go for the eagles off of blackcircles.

Anyway, I needed my car for the weekend so decided to go with what my garage had in stock and got some Kumho Ecsta HS51's. £70 a tyre so got them fitted all round. Honestly they are amazing. Not broke them in properly yet but the difference is unbelievable. They handle like a dream and have improved the ride comfort 10 fold from my old tyre's. Nice and quiet and grip for days.
There is a video at the bottom. It's a bit long, but you get the idea.

http://www.motmotorsport.co.uk/mx-5--rx-8-tyres-42-c.asp

glad you like them..enjoy some grip :thumb:

Similar Thread Suggestions