gooday all.....

hello all

Should hopefully be picking a lovely racing blue 197 up early next week for the missis... Not really the most suitable car as shes due to give birth in less than two months but she didnt want anything else once she saw that! shes a girl racer at heart!!!! as long as shes ok with the three door thing thats fine by me lol

I'll hopefully post some pics once we have it....

cheers chaps..... what are they like to own? Ive normally had cars with either Turbo's or Superchargers. The car before my present one was a Honda Type R new shape. That was very rev happy.... are they anything like that?

cheers chaps..... what are they like to own? Ive normally had cars with either Turbo's or Superchargers. The car before my present one was a Honda Type R new shape. That was very rev happy.... are they anything like that?

yes - but not quite as revvy - they have a bit more mid-range torque than the ctr

Welcome to the site!

They do enjoy being revved but are still quite useable without having to give it the beans everywhere (unless you want to!)

she wont be driving it fast!!! she better not be anyway lol Im looking forward to having a go in it myself. It drove lovely on the test drive, but you cant really get a feel for a car on a little drive with the owner sat next to you lol

Well picked it up late on Saturday.... had a little drive round in it before parking it up... There Quite a nippy little thing arnt they...

Sunday morning got the cleaning stuff out, gave it a good jet wash then sponged it down... a good wipe over with Auto Glym tar remover, then washed again. then got the Clay bar out and got that silky smooth feeling all over.... then the Meguires Polish!!! a great morning all in all... and one VERY clean car!!!!

Picked some new Renault Sport Mats up for inside... it is like brand new!!! very happy with it... If the missis kerbs a wheel in it now I'll kill her!!! lol Although I do fancy having the wheels done Anthracite.... (silver at moment) Hmmmmm

hi jam,& welcome,

like u had many other forced induction cars,
the misses bought her self a 197,p***** her off now cause i,m never out of it.

Both cars look awesome, would you like to come and try the FRS out at the Nurburgring in June :wink:

It is so good that you being a Ford driver aswell, don't have this incredible hatred towards the clio - some of the comments on the Focus RS vs Clio 200 video are really out of order and totally uncalled for. Respect for you man big time - mainly because I bet your fuel bill is EPIC every month!