Going to see a 197 tomorrow. Tomorrow could be the day I become an owner

Blimey that's low mileage for a 197! Seems like quite a high spec too, keyless entry and projectors.

MOT till late this year and new discs/pads fairly recently.

I'd say probably more towards £4750 instead of £5600, but I'm useless at pricing, seems like a decent car though :smile:

Blimey that's low mileage for a 197! Seems like quite a high spec too, keyless entry and projectors.

MOT till late this year and new discs/pads fairly recently.

I'd say probably more towards £4750 instead of £5600, but I'm useless at pricing, seems like a decent car though :smile:

Too high you think? I thought given its mileage and condition it was around ok money. Has had gearbox done under warranty and steering wheel also

Love that colour. If my r27 hadn't come at the right time I was going for the blue. Don't think a 5K offer would be far off

I paid a little less than that for mine, which has double the miles, more owners but a panoramic roof. Mind you this was under 2 years ago, but I don't think this Clio will be hanging around for long imo. I think the price is fair, considering I haven't seen many Racing Blue ones with Xenons and digital climate control.

Last edited:
looks very well..be sure to test drive it..its always nice to write a lot of stuff about how well it's been looked after etc but the reality may be different..hope its not though for you..
i would try to bring the price down to £5,000.. i do like negotiating :money:

Reactions: cybrid3
In all fairness I did want a 200 with the other wheels and spoiler etc.this one just peaked my interest due to its condition, milage and great service history

Does look nice & very low mileage. Check receipts etc. obviously. Always difficult to value a car on such a low mileage, but if history checks out I would consider it. If he turns down a cheeky offer you can always come up a bit if you like the car enough.

If that is as good in the metal buy it. I paid top money for a 15k miles 197 R27 last year. 197s in that condition/mileage don't come around often trust me.

197s are old cars now and low mileage mint examples are very hard to find. Go and view it, drive it and if you like it go for it:smile:

Reactions: LOCKE
How did the viewing go? It does sound like a nice example with a good spec. As above, if it's as good as the ad says it is, then it would be worth going for IMO. Seems reasonably priced for mileage, history and condition. Best of luck!

I really like it, cool colour. Just go for it, if not any technical problems.
Oh those 197 are so cheap in UK compared to here..

I did go and view it. Was a 6hr round trip. The car was as genuine as the advert and looked so much better in the flesh than the pics. The guy was a real nice guy too. I didnt end up buying it tho. Not sure if this is something I will regret or not. Until yesterday I had not driven one. For the last few years I have had turbo hot hatches or my current electric car. I coudlnt really get to grips with the bunnyhopping. Where I work, the car wouldnt warm up by time I got there or same for return journey. I also found the car to be a real screamer so I wasnt sure how that would suit me as a daily. Probably me just being silly but it was a lot of money and commitment for me to lay down unless I was 100% sure. Worst bit is last night a lovely 200 comes up for sale literally down the road from me. I dont know if its worth driving that to see if its any different with the updated ecu etc.