Glasgow, Scotland.

Hi all.

Purchased a RS197 on saturday and been studying the forums for a while so I had basic background knowledge on the car. Car has a few problems but always liked the idea of buying a not-so-perfect car and making it my own. Anyone know where I can purchase a locking wheel nut and a english manual?

What isn't good is i'm not really mechanically trained in anyway but I suppose I can start somewhere, got a few trained mechanical friends who can help me out.

Just thought I'd pop in and say hello. :smile:

Welcome to the forum mate :smile: I'm not mechanically experienced either but I'm sure your friends and this forum will help you in anyway we can. There's some great how-to guides available too if you're a paying member. Well worth the money. Be sure to get some pics up!

Thanks a lot guys.

When I bought the car I was really excited but I think i'll get the pictures up after I fix up the bodywork. The guy who owned her before didn't really take care of her that much or attempt to fix her up.

EDIT:

attachment.php

Suppose I could post one when she's looking not too bad.

Brakes are a tad warped, cracks and scrapes all around the vehicle, interior including seats isn't in the best condition. The main part is though is that the engine bay looks clean as anything, newly serviced and MOT'd a month before I picked it up which was good.

Need buy new tyres, locking wheel nut, fix my left wing mirror as it wont move left or right (think he cracked the original wing mirror and put a new one on top, stopping it from moving 100%), fix the brakes and touch up the body work. I'll work on the interior after all of that.

Attachments

• clio.jpg
    clio.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
[MENTION=53576]KieranM[/MENTION] Is it the locking wheel nuts you need for each wheel or the key to take them off ?

If u have the service books u should have a code for the locking nuts. They can only be ordered through Renault - takes about a month, unless u drill them out and buy a new set (deffo cheaper option).

I don't have the service books :worried: I'm probably going to just drill them out then buy a new set, most likely a lot easier and a lot less hassle.

[MENTION=53576]KieranM[/MENTION] Take it to your local Renault dealer or give them a ring and they will be able to help you out, I couldn't find the number in my book at first so they were going to take a picture of the bolt and get one made up to match. In the end I was just looking in the wrong place for my number and found it in my service book, Cost me about £18 and was there in 2 days for me to collect. I'd give that a go first before attempting to drill them out and possibly damaging the alloys/causing you hassle.