** Give your honest feedback about Clio197/200.net **

We don't really use reps. What's the point? Shouldn't be down to one person to organise everything.

I think now the weather is singing people will come out of their shells a bit more anyway.

in my opinion reps are not the answer..i personalty think we all (members) should step in and if there is something worth mentioning we should simply start a new thread or announce it..
like here in the NW it seems that members have gone very quiet..there have been a few occasions where I did try to get people on board but no success...
might be a bit better in other areas....

Been a member for 6 months and the how to section has given me the confidence to fix a few things and has definitely saved me a few bob.
I've posted a few questions and always had a quick and concise response.I've not noticed any cliques,a few catty remarks that have made
me chuckle but nothing rude or to condescending.Regional meets are a strange thing,being a new boy l wouldn't want to tread on anyones
toes and sort one out even though Rogue said anyone can have some input.Overall a fantastic site and l log in most days and get withdrawal
symptoms if l miss a few days.

With meets, dawesy0712, leeboy, daverayner21 etc jjust organise between ourselves on fb.. then we just post on the forum is anyone wants to join. Sometimes people are up for it. Othertimes not.. works alright haha. None of us are reps.

Been here a while. Car would never have got back on the road many years ago so easily without the forum.
The forum goes in cycles I think and unfortunately in my opinion mods from previous years used the forum for the own agenda's. it was a shame cause it's a position of privilege and influence which prev mods used to their advantage IMO. Anyway, things appear to be back on a steady footing.
I quite liked that member of the month slot which was quite funny and although wasn't official, I think it worked really well.
I think our own members feature car would be cool like in the mags. A few pics, bit about the member and future plans would be an interesting read. Tuner features and interviews would be good too......maybe there's a few things we could learn from the mags?

Last edited:
Member of the Month definitely needs to make a come back, it did for a few months, but unfortunately we lost the Mod that was dealing with that area. We're hoping it's something we can bring back soon :smile:

as as for a members car feature, that's a brilliant idea :smile: It's a shame we've lost the POTM (picture of the month) but again, with an influx of new mods, we'll look into a few comebacks and improvements now :smile:

Would like to arrange a club sprint days at Curborough or if the powers that be WERE to chip in a club Track day at Mollory PK

I was thinking of something similar to this yesterday. I know earlier this year/late last year we were discussing the possibilities of a Clio197 forum trackday.. it seems that might've been too expensive, so maybe we could just pick an existing open pit day in June/July and get as many people there as possible? Despite not being exclusive use it would still be nice to have a bunch off the forum at the same circuit

I did get a price last year I'll ring Monday and ask again just wondering as msvt are a trader on here could they do a deal on a half day at Bedford

I quite liked that member of the month slot which was quite funny and although wasn't official, I think it worked really well.
I think our own members feature car would be cool like in the mags. A few pics, bit about the member and future plans would be an interesting read. Tuner features and interviews would be good too......maybe there's a few things we could learn from the mags?
would you shine some light on this for me??never heard of a member of the month...
also"I think our own members feature car would be cool like in the mag"..not sure what you mean by this Wilson..i think that every member has this option on their profile page..to write a bit about themselves,add a few pics,future plans etc..
good ideas there..

would you shine some light on this for me??never heard of a member of the month...
also"I think our own members feature car would be cool like in the mag"..not sure what you mean by this Wilson..i think that every member has this option on their profile page..to write a bit about themselves,add a few pics,future plans etc..
good ideas there..

MOM was quite funny. It asks a series of questions like your first car, money no option, your ideal car garage, fav food, best mod on car, fav lady on TV, who you kill and who you'd marry.....you get the idea!!!

Projects pages are the here and now. I think rather than reading 60 pages, just pulls everything together like feature cars in mag. Also it doesn't have to be project cars with big conversions. Can be your first Renault or maybe something interesting about the cars....

i think a tuner feature would be good too....

as [MENTION=1286]litchy[/MENTION] mentioned above this could be a good feature..not sure how to set it up but definitely a good idea...
left hand side of the page..

19042015988.gif

Hi Guy's

Just been looking through the last few pages.
Glad to see lots on constructive ideas and feedback.

I'm all for the featured members idea perhaps make it a monthly occurrence.
This however depends in members getting behind the idea and providing us with the necessary material to go along with it.

I've not seen the members of the month thread however if a mod would like to run with that again then by all means please have a crack at it.

As regard to Regional meets the reps are there to at least organise something. We have mostly a crossover of reps who are also reps on cliosport.net.
They should be posting meets in the regions if they are organising ones on CS.net. I understand that we would like to keep some purely Clio197/200.net meets.
However this is a good way to boost numbers.

If you have a idea for a meet please post it up or run it by the rep.
Funding for events and track days may be available but this is a decision that needs to be made by the admins higher up than myself.
However I now have the opportunity to voice these ideas to the admins in meetings we have usually around the time of Cliosport saturday.

We have gained a lot of members recently and we have also have quite a spread of members from the far reaches of the globe.
Perhaps we could have a idea of a section devoted to international members to write up a piece on their ownership experience in their country.
Perhaps share with us meets they attend, track days or even maybe a bit of a cultural sharing on here.
I would like to hear what it is like to be involved in the RS scene in countries like Australia, Mexico, Eastern European countries and central europe.

Please keep the feedback coming guys.