Gearbox noise

Whilst driving yesterday I noticed that 4th gear seemed to catch on change down. It's especially when changing down quick from 5th or 6th, but if slowly it's not so noticeable. If changing up from 3rd it's fine. Feels like it's grinding a little.

Anyone else had this?

good luck trying to explain that to the dealer without getting lost in translation. Worry when you see teeth off the cogs on the road. Use and abuse the warranty !

are making sure you using the full travel of the clutch pedal as you change gear - i can get mine to do this and its usually the result of me not giving it full clutch travel - the synchro doesnt seem to cope with the drive not being fully disengaged when going for another gear

are making sure you using the full travel of the clutch pedal as you change gear - i can get mine to do this and its usually the result of me not giving it full clutch travel - the synchro doesnt seem to cope with the drive not being fully disengaged when going for another gear

good point actually, they seem to have very long clutch pedal travel ....

Whilst driving yesterday I noticed that 4th gear seemed to catch on change down. It's especially when changing down quick from 5th or 6th, but if slowly it's not so noticeable. If changing up from 3rd it's fine. Feels like it's grinding a little.

Anyone else had this?

Mine started doing this today going to check it out tomorrow and il let you know how i get on .....did you go to the dealer with yours?

I was pushing the pedal through the floor so to speak and still did this.
Had the car into the dealers on Tuesday and collected Wednesday with a new gearbox and slave cylinder to boot. Glad it was under warranty as I wouldn't like to have paid that bill of £2500!! (£500 was labour)

it's all running fine now with a brand new box, just needs to be used

Had the car into the dealers on Tuesday and collected Wednesday with a new gearbox and slave cylinder to boot. Glad it was under warranty as I wouldn't like to have paid that bill of £2500!! (£500 was labour)

good result :thumbup1:

very high, happened to me, a few weeks later no matter how careful i was, going into 4th crunched. Turns out it was a synchro mesh, which is your own fault for missing gear changes at 70000rpm, but Renault gave me a new box with the higher gear ratio and it cost me nothing, was without the car for almost a week though.

Cool...ya mine did it again today on the way to work so the paperwork is been put through at the moment, goin away for a week tomorrow so there should be a box waiting for me when i get back :thumbup1:

mines crunches going up in to third and going down in to 3rd and getting rapidly worse i will need to take it in asap only on 20 k ! :worried:

Haha win! Reckon they'll do me a new box for the slight clunking mines started to make? Mine also has caught a couple of time from 5th down to 4th? Hummm...