Gave my R27 a wash

Thought its about time to give the car a wash, as with the snow and salt on the streets it got really dirty, couldnt see the car underneath all thats been covering it.

Couldnt use the pressure washer as it was in another garage, so out came the hose and three buckets of warm water, one of them with the shampoo of course.

Turns out I have washed it twice, then as I checked the clock, there was enough time for me to clay the car and wax it, so thats what I did, washed the car the third time after claying, then dried it using a microfibre towel and used the only wax I have at the moment which is the Poorboys Blue.

Made a thin layer all over the car and polished the haze off, and well, pleased with the results, got me thinking, its the first time I have washed the clio so thoroughly since I have bought it more than a year ago, will do better from now on :smile: as its such a joy seeing the car so clean.

Didnt have time to do any interior work, will do that on another occasion, being next saturday I hope.

Here's the pics :

IMG_0726.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg IMG_0722.jpg IMG_0725.jpg
IMG_0727.jpg
IMG_0728.jpg
IMG_0729.jpg
IMG_0730.jpg
IMG_0731.jpg
IMG_0732.jpg
IMG_0733.jpg
IMG_0734.jpg IMG_0735.jpg IMG_0736.jpg
IMG_0737.jpg IMG_0738.jpg IMG_0739.jpg
IMG_0740.jpg IMG_0740a.jpg IMG_0741.jpg

Reactions: peter and Sean197
Thanks LOCKE, yep, thats the plan, but probably for the next winter, had a complete set just shortly after putting the winter wheels on, must ve been poorly inserted by the fitters as I'd lost them within a week from changing the wheels... anyway, spring comes pretty soon and I'll be back on my summer wheels the BRAID Fullrace A, no centre caps either :smile:

That looks really nice, well worth going to the effort with a full clean when you get results like that! The splitter really does make the front end of a 197 so much better!

looks like impressive hardware in that garage. what car is that light blue one?
nice R5 as well.

very clan 197..looks spot on mate..
the projectors are crying for some blue/silver indicator bulbs

thanks Big Ben, this years winter is colder than the few before, had a -29C during the night two weeks ago.... now its only a few degrees below, so no that bad at all

@Jimmy, thanks, yep, the results are great, got away with polishing it as its in a pretty good condition still being only 30k miles on the clock, the splitter needs to be painted though, it has faded badly, cant see in the pictures maybe due to the lighting being poor at the time I took the pics, but will definitely get it done before the spring comes, together with the grilles as they're pretty much the same.

Peter, its a Lancia Flaminia Pininfarina Coupe, a 2.8 from the last year of production, did a full rebuild of this car, soon to be finished.

Reactions: Jimmy and peter
Thanks for sharing nice pictures for us. I really like nimbus colour Clios, and that R27 is so good. Great work.
You have then same kind of weather we do have in Finland. Not so much fun to work with cars in this time of year.

Thanks guys, always fancied a nimbus R27 back when I had my Deep Black 197, love the color as well,

Antti, I guess in Finland you have colder winters than we do, but Poland does get a few cold weeks every winter, lucky I had the inside of the workshop to get it cleaned, it was below zero outside :smile:

The R5 is the Alpine 1.4 Turbo, lovely car, so difficult to source parts for though...

These are the Braid Fullrace A in 17x7 ET50 I use for the summer tires.

Thinking of getting them powdercoated in some dark grey color, as the white seems to stand out a bit too much, good time to get this done now as the wheels are off anyway.

There are no centre caps for these wheels iirc as they're a motorsport product, but it doesnt bother me tbh,

clio_braid_side_white.jpg

Similar Thread Suggestions