Garage 225 conversion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for a while I've been toying with the idea of getting a second car. I was considering an Evo or Westfield/Caterham... But then thought of using the Clio as my toy and buy a newish BM for a daily. Reliable and a lot better MPG :smile:

Now if I was going to do the conversion, I'd want to do it myself. It's oh to easy to give it to a tuner with a couple of grand and say '225 it please'.

So just wondering:
Has anyone done the garage conversion yet?
What's the deal with ECU, Transponder and Chip? Use Megs or Clios?
Engine mounts? Is there a kit available, custom or does it fit from standard?
Ill be uprating exhaust and FMIC straight away, followed with a remap. Is it necessary to switch to the Meg 'box, and if it is, is it a custom driveshaft job?

As I say this is all still ideas, and still may go down one of the other routes, but any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

Asif I missed that?! Did a search and everything!!

Thanks mate, can lock/delete this thread if you wish.

No prob, sometimes knowing the correct search criteria is the key otherwise you can be banging your head against a brick wall

FAO non paid members - before anyone complains they cant see the above thread, its in a section that is available to paid members only. For the price of a packet of ciggies or a gallon of fuel, a wealth of knowledge can be found in there.....

Status
Not open for further replies.