Fuse box

Backie

Paid Member
Hi I’m having major electrical problems, does anybody have an engine bay fuse box I can buy or borrow, ive tried swapping ecu and bcm etc but no joy, any help is much appreciated

All kind of warning lights come on ,airbag, traction steering, brake faults, switch the car off and all lights stay on, some times the engine won’t stop, then it’s dead , you can’t get the ignition on to run a scanner, no set pattern , I’ve pretty much exhausted everything

Right the UPC (engine bay behind the headlight) can go faulty through water damage they are programed with the cars options and the VIN number is programed into it. If you can check the part number on it the same fuse box is used in the modus and Clio so search for the part number there are places that can test and repair them might be cheaper than buying a used one that might be the same way. I did have a Williams style 16V Clio once that would not turn off my brother was a Renault service manager and on the phone and as impossible as it may seem he told me a tail light bulb was shorting out and sure enough there was a bulb that the filament had melted together and replacing it worked. Now most of those warning lights will come on if the battery has been disconnected it might be worth checking the Red plastic positive connector it opens up and there is a solid plate type fuse if it has been treated roughly there may be a crack giving intermittent connection. another thing can be the fuses/relays in the UPC can melt the connectors or become faulty themselves.

The fuses are labeled A B C don't mix them up check out this link for power switching unit info
https://clio197.net/threads/ref-protection-and-switching-unit-1337-fuses-and-relays.61750/

Last edited:
Reactions: Sean197
Wow thanks for all the info it’s really appreciated, I’ve had the fuse box apart there was one possible area ( see attached phot ) I’ll look into your other options ASAP, cheers and thanks again

Attachments

• D9A56375-9283-4ACD-81B0-12AB5A87DCCD.jpeg
    D9A56375-9283-4ACD-81B0-12AB5A87DCCD.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 27