Fuel pump gone!?

Hello!

My car broke Down at the weekend with a suspected fuel pump fault. I had to get the aa out then get a flat bed truck to take my car to a garage. It got looked at today and the garage said I need a new fuel pump, £260 not including fitting! Is this reasonable?
My car i's a 06, 25k miles and not abused, didn't expect a fault like that.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

been one other reported on here but not a major part to fail - most fuel pumps last the life of the car - but they arent always fault free - price doesnt seem to excessive - if unsure get a quote from one of the traders on here :thumbup1:

I wouldnt have thought fitting wouldn't be too difficult, the access plate is below the rear seats and just pops off, all the fittings for line and mounting look straight forward.

Thanks guys, aparabtly the rear axle has to be dropped, although u can access it from the rear seats I don't think you can remove it from there. Going ahead with the work anyway!

Someone one here just swapped their fuel tank and didn't have to remove the axle. Had to remove exhaust though

Hopefully you can access it from I side and it will save a load of agro

Clone I had my fuel pump fail a few months back. Indeed my rear axle had to be dropped too + fuel tank emptied apparently! Renault manual says it needs done but it maybe possible without doing so I'm unsure. I had mine done on after market warranty!

Hello!

My car broke Down at the weekend with a suspected fuel pump fault. I had to get the aa out then get a flat bed truck to take my car to a garage. It got looked at today and the garage said I need a new fuel pump, £260 not including fitting! Is this reasonable?
My car i's a 06, 25k miles and not abused, didn't expect a fault like that.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
07 plate 197, 16,000miles, It always cut out when going round a big corner or up a steep hill with half tank or less of fuel, but they never fixed this, when our fuel pump went. 10 days out of warranty. Renault have repaired under warranty but cut exhaust to get fuel tank out. ( is this the recommended way?) exhaust now louder, damaged the bumper where exhaust comes out. Car still cuts out!!! they cant find problem. Could it be the fuel tank?

Last edited: