Fuel Consumption - How many miles do you get from a FULL TANK?

Sorry to bump an old thread.

I'm getting about 200 miles to a full tank, that's a mixture of roads/driving.

Is the above the norm? Or is he not driving it right lol

I can't even see how I'd get over 400 miles from a tank unless the car didn't see past 3000rpm.

200 miles? do the revs drop below 5k in your car?

200 miles? do the revs drop below 5k in your car?

Occasionally lol

I do drive it quite hard, but I'm still in the novelty period with the car.

From brimmed full to range showing ----- I got about 250 miles.

But I've recently been going for drives for the sake of it, been through a full tank in 2 days. Loads of country roads near me with no traffic so just been ragging it a bit to see what she can do.

Once I go back to work I obviously won't be driving it like that so maybe get 300 i'm hoping.

I also don't dump the clutch at lights, or take part in the traffic grand prix. But I see the gear change light often.

Need to do track days with the clio to see how it compare with my last car. Won't be as fast on a straight but I know for a fact the clio could outbrake it.

Last edited:
Occasionally lol

I do drive it quite hard, but I'm still in the novelty period with the car.

From brimmed full to range showing ----- I got about 250 miles.

But I've recently been going for drives for the sake of it, been through a full tank in 2 days. Loads of country roads near me with no traffic so just been ragging it a bit to see what she can do.

Once I go back to work I obviously won't be driving it like that so maybe get 300 i'm hoping.

I also don't dump the clutch at lights, or take part in the traffic grand prix. But I see the gear change light often.

Need to do track days with the clio to see how it compare with my last car. Won't be as fast on a straight but I know for a fact the clio could outbrake it.

Mine either gets the choice of short trips to an from work or long but fast trips anywhere else, still should get a real world 290 miles from a tank.

The on board computer under reads mpg by about 2-3mpg as well and the - - - BEEP! low fuel warning leaves you with around a gallon as well so 200 miles is pretty low, I think that works out at 16mpg!

Mine either gets the choice of short trips to an from work or long but fast trips anywhere else, still should get a real world 290 miles from a tank.

The on board computer under reads mpg by about 2-3mpg as well and the - - - BEEP! low fuel warning leaves you with around a gallon as well so 200 miles is pretty low, I think that works out at 16mpg!

Right now it's showing about 10 gallons used and I've done just under 220 miles.

Stupid question but can I check mileage etc without starting engine?

I would have thought so, just press the start stop button without putting your foot on any of the pedals

I would have thought so, just press the start stop button without putting your foot on any of the pedals

I tried that, didn't let me access the screen.

I even put the card in the slot but no difference. It's probably me being stupid but I ended up just quickly starting it to check fuel used and miles covered.

Not too fussed about fuel consumption from my first tank full, the dealers filling it up for me when i collect it next week :rofl:

One year on and i'm still not fussed about fuel consumption :smiley:

It's not very often i fill it to the top, only when going overseas, the last time i think i got around 300 miles to a tank full.

I never reset the trip meter on mine after day one, it resets itself after 9999 miles but it used to make me laugh when i looked at 'gallons used' :rofl: i can remember it being well over 300 gallons at one point.

Smiles per miles = plenty.

A full tank shows a range of 408 miles for me (has done for the past few fill ups). But saying that I drove home and back to work (around 38 miles) and it still said 408 so I don't really believe it. Did around 450 miles before the fuel light came last time.

. Did around 450 miles before the fuel light came last time.

450?! Before the fuel light came on?!

Do you do a lot of motorway? Do you get the gear change light often?

Maybe my cars ****ed then because so many of you are getting over 400 miles per full tank. Then again there so many variables it's hard to compare things like mpg etc between people, some cars have been serviced better, different roads, different temperatures, different fuel used etc and the main one being driving style.

Next tank I get I'm not gonna go over 5000rpm and see how many miles I get.

Last edited:
Like you have just said mate, far too many variables, too get 450 to a tank is doing very well. I get around 320 and thats behaving myself the majority of the time.

Like you have just said mate, far too many variables, too get 450 to a tank is doing very well. I get around 320 and thats behaving myself the majority of the time.

That I can believe. But I am tempted to try the don't go over 5000rpm for a tank (if I can beat the temptation) just to see how many miles I get.

To be totally honest though I'd rather get 250 miles and enjoy driving it than get 450 and see the gear change light once a week.

I think I'll always want performance and if mpg ever gets to be an important factor then I'll be leaning towards a performance diesel with remap.

My range normally says around 320 once I've filled up. I think the computer mpg is about 27.8 and has been for the last few thousand miles.

450?? wow, that's impressive.
I think the most I have ever got is about 300. I have tried a few times to keep the revs down, but I get bored very fast and end up undoing all my good work in about 10 mins of giving some on the back roads, the wallet doesn't thank me but it's always worth it!

A full tank shows a range of 408 miles for me (has done for the past few fill ups). But saying that I drove home and back to work (around 38 miles) and it still said 408 so I don't really believe it. Did around 450 miles before the fuel light came last time.

assuming 11 gallon thats 40mpg :book: :huh:

Best I've managed is 419 miles to a tank, got scared and stopped at the next station then.

Brilliant cars