Front wishbone removal

looking for some advice on how to get the wishbone off my 197 cup.

The front bolt looks like it will hit the other subframe in front of it?

Any help much appreciated

Attachments

• EAD9E394-2817-4459-9FEF-5B256F11ACDE.jpeg
    EAD9E394-2817-4459-9FEF-5B256F11ACDE.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 170
the how to section has instructions dropping the sub frame it will help but you don't have to drop the sub frame I've changed the lower arm you strap the radiator and remove the radiator support or at lest lower it to get access to the front bolt the rear bolt has a slotted hole so check alignment before removal so you don't mess up the wheel alignment after. Good luck
upload_2018-6-23_19-29-9.png

Reactions: Markmec
the how to section has instructions dropping the sub frame it will help but you don't have to drop the sub frame I've changed the lower arm you strap the radiator and remove the radiator support or at lest lower it to get access to the front bolt the rear bolt has a slotted hole so check alignment before removal so you don't mess up the wheel alignment after. Good luck
View attachment 125581
You can’t mess up the alignment as the front bush determines where it sits in that slot if the slot was vertical in the pic above you could adjust castor and alter the position of the ball joint forwards and back, but as it is you can’t adjust it, it will sit where it sits

EC3AEB00-791E-4931-B6BB-3BC62E89A3D1.png Anyone know if this kit is any good/worth it?

K tec want £90 per lower ball joint on their own

Any other info welcomed

contact Raptor6767 on the forum he sells the joints and might be cheaper he does offer heavy duty ones I've bought joints from him before I would be concerned about the possibility of lower quality ones with slightly different dimensions and I'm not saying the ones in the picture are that but they don't have the expected boots and rings on some of them. The job needs heat and a press and if not paying proper attention you can crack the castings but is not an impossible job.

http://www.clio197.net/threads/renault-sport-clio-iii-megane-iii-uprated-ball-joints.59377/

Reactions: Raptor6767