Front Fog light bulbs

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Paid Member
After a bit of researching here - i'm sure the front fog light bulbs are H11's.

Not wanting to tint or film the front of the glass Yellow - i'm going to try some Yellow bulbs first.

Couldn't see - so can anyone confirm whether 55w or 100W would be best.....and are those below the fitment type needed for a 200 ?

55W:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2X-H11-Am...232893&hash=item4407fff2fe:g:M5AAAOSwq9lZhTM9

100W:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Yellow...875471?hash=item58f889634f:g:qAEAAOSwvflZQCRB

Or maybe these 6000K CREE rated LED jobbies ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Yellow...243243?hash=item440573ad6b:g:a3gAAOSw-29ZO2Ux

Cheers.

I have the second ones, they're not 100w at all, or at least they don't perform better than a 55w bulb. Regardless I'm happy with them, but I did use film as well as I like my fogs nice and yellow as they should be.

LED's are hit and miss. Ignore the wattage and any pics used in the advert as they're usually used between most sellers, they won't be that bright and they won't be that yellow. For a start, 6000k is white with a hint of blue, an ice white if you will, while the colour shown is closer to 3500k. Another way to tell they're talking utter crap. Have a look at a kelvin chart to see what colour you're after. A true 3000k bulb is very hard to come by, usually proper JDM items with an absurd price tag.

Oh, and they are H11 by the way.

Reactions: sevenfourate
I'm sure you have your reasons Shuv but when will you actually use the fog lights

I thought i might give them a go when it's foggy :smile:

It's not really a bulb upgrade im after. Just a colour change. But maybe i would prefer them tinted yellow all the time. I'm doubting myself now......!

I have the second ones, they're not 100w at all, or at least they don't perform better than a 55w bulb. Regardless I'm happy with them, but I did use film as well as I like my fogs nice and yellow as they should be.

LED's are hit and miss. Ignore the wattage and any pics used in the advert as they're usually used between most sellers, they won't be that bright and they won't be that yellow. For a start, 6000k is white with a hint of blue, an ice white if you will, while the colour shown is closer to 3500k. Another way to tell they're talking utter crap. Have a look at a kelvin chart to see what colour you're after. A true 3000k bulb is very hard to come by, usually proper JDM items with an absurd price tag.

Oh, and they are H11 by the way.

Helpful. Very !!!!

Cheers.

Reactions: l33th3tr33
I think the thing that most people forget is that the eye responds better to green or yellow light, so it's actually a safety thing, not just a visual mod.
When I had to drive through long, dark and most of the time foggy dual carriageways in and out of wooded areas to get to and from work I actually tinted my whole headlight, which cut through the fog brilliantly. Not to everyone's tastes but I loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: sevenfourate
I think the thing that most people forget is that the eye responds better to green or yellow light, so it's actually a safety thing, not just a visual mod.
When I had to drive through long, dark and most of the time foggy dual carriageways in and out of wooded areas to get to and from work I actually tinted my whole headlight, which cut through the fog brilliantly. Not to everyone's tastes but I loved it.

Now; if i could convince the wife all my car and bike mods were in the aid of safety - i wouldn't have to pretend they never happened......

I just play dumb [emoji23]

To be fair my wife dont give a shit. I'm lucky that way.

She don't moan about cars / bikes / hobbies. And the fact i have no clue how many hand-bags and pairs of shoes she's owns works for both of us :smile:

Reactions: Big Ben
To be fair my wife dont give a shit. I'm lucky that way.

She don't moan about cars / bikes / hobbies. And the fact i have no clue how many hand-bags and pairs of shoes she's owns works for both of us :smile:

Sounds like you've found the one mate, hard to come by!!