Front bumper vinyl

Discussion in 'Clio 200 Area' started by TG200CUP, May 5, 2017.

1. TG200CUP

TG200CUP Paid Member

CLIO 200 CUP
    I decided after lots of thought to partially vinyl wrap my front bumper. Always didn't like the bottom white section of the front bumper and now I've wrapped it, I think it looks a lot more sporty and the lines of the front are more aggressive.

Just thought I'd see what people think as I haven't seen this done anywhere online. 7f6b47b0d016a22734591493bcefbe19.jpg fd0d113d40b438283028f4a7ce3c6a74.jpg

DS197 likes this.

2. Sean197

Sean197 RIP Albi :( Moderator

Fife, Scotland
    Albi 197T - RIP, MK7 Golf GTD Sports Wagon
    I actually quite like that. Not sure on the vents, unless they're functional ie hiding a megane engine?

3. TG200CUP

TG200CUP Paid Member

CLIO 200 CUP
    Thanks Sean.

Ohh I wish, no they are just for show but not sure if im going to keep them on as of yet..

Sean197 likes this.
  4. sevenfourate

sevenfourate Devotee of OCD Paid Member

Lowestoft, England.
    Racing Blue RS-200
    Front vinyl wrap look good :smile:

Without being negative - the vents would look hugely better if they were real. ie: Cut into the bonnet properly imo.

I presume these are stuck on ? They do look it.

5. TG200CUP

TG200CUP Paid Member

CLIO 200 CUP
    Thanks Shuv.

yeah they are and thats what im thinking.. I dont have the balls though to start cutting my bonnet apart haha.
    I think I may just remove them.

sevenfourate likes this.
  6. sevenfourate

sevenfourate Devotee of OCD Paid Member

Lowestoft, England.
    Racing Blue RS-200
    I know some here have done it......

But i'm considering buying a second bonnet (Especially as mine isnt perfect anyway), getting a vent cut in and getting it resprayed. And then selling or keeping current bonnet.

Im presuming the bonnet would need a respray after fitting a vent ? !

7. TG200CUP

TG200CUP Paid Member

CLIO 200 CUP
    Sounds like a good idea, will have to keep an eye out for a cheap breakdown bonnet.

I wouldnt think you would have to respray the bonnet unless the one you get is obviously a different colour to your blue in the first place!

8. DS197

DS197 POTM Winner - June 2017 Paid Member

Clio 197
    Love the wrap! I think the shape and lines of the bottom half of the bumper are part of the reason why it looks so good. It would definitely be harder to make it look as good on a 197 bumper I reckon.

sevenfourate likes this.
  9. TG200CUP

TG200CUP Paid Member

CLIO 200 CUP
    Thanks @DS197.
    Tried to make the lines of the black sections run through to the floor, took me ages but I am really happy with how it turned out.

Yeah I wouldnt do it to a 197 as they have no black contrast colour above unlike the 200s.

10. Micah

Micah Clumsy McButterfingers Moderator

Medway, Kent
    Clio 220 Trophy
    I don't get much choice :neutral:

11. TG200CUP

TG200CUP Paid Member

CLIO 200 CUP
    you could go with a carbon wrap @Micah

Sent from my VFD 600 using Tapatalk

Micah likes this.
  12. Chris

Chris Bad cop Administrator

Like the wrap, echoing above on the vents! But they are a marmite sort of thing!!

13. Its all about the Clio

Its all about the Clio Paid Member

Henley on Thames
    MKIII RS200 FF, 18" OZ, H&R Springs, KTR/ITG Induction, Remap, Leather Alcantara Recaros + S/Wheel
    Love the vinyl. Can you buy it cut to size or do you just buy a sheet and DIY.

14. Christopher

Christopher Paid Member

Manchester
    200 Clubsport
    Love the wrap but the vents look awful, sorry.

15. r&skxa

r&skxa Gold Member

Dover
    Boosted Clio RS200
    Wrap has been done before. Looks good though. Vents, not so much. I have vents but actually for a reason and the bonnet was sacrificed for it.

16. TG200CUP

TG200CUP Paid Member

CLIO 200 CUP
    I 'diy'ed it so got a roll and cut myself to size. Told awhile but well worth it IMO.

17. TG200CUP

TG200CUP Paid Member

CLIO 200 CUP
    Thanks & the vents are coming off. I haven't been sure on them for a while now but have decided to take them off. As Chris said they are a marmite kinda thing.

18. TG200CUP

TG200CUP Paid Member

CLIO 200 CUP
    Have you got a picture of your front end so I can see how yours look, may be worth it getting some cut in if I like yours, then I can sort out my induction to the vents etc.

19. r&skxa

r&skxa Gold Member

Dover
    Boosted Clio RS200
    I haven't got any at the moment, I'm seeing it on Saturday so I'll try and get some for you

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

TG200CUP likes this.
  20. r&skxa

r&skxa Gold Member

Dover
    Boosted Clio RS200
    They weren't in on Saturday, still had holes so taking pics was pointless lol. However, he did send me this one. Tbh I'm not 100% on them. a29a2070d395aef977da4be6ab33de34.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

TG200CUP likes this.