Front bumper bug

:thumbdown::thumbdown:

Hi mate..is from 1 mounth that this problem torture me:angry::angry:
Happens only when i go to highway, no in street way
How solve this problem? and why does this happen? :thumbdown:

image4gn5.jpg

This is common. I went to get it fixed and they showed me that that the clips are part of the bumper. So unless you get a knew bumper there is no fix. Some people have said its been fixed, but the dealer has clearly bodged it on from what i got shown!! In the end i said to them drill a small hole in the wing and cable tie it to the bumper. It works tho!!!

This is common. I went to get it fixed and they showed me that that the clips are part of the bumper. So unless you get a knew bumper there is no fix. Some people have said its been fixed, but the dealer has clearly bodged it on from what i got shown!! In the end i said to them drill a small hole in the wing and cable tie it to the bumper. It works tho!!!
that's a good idea:bounce: next free evening i look it
Every time I see it like that I just push it back in.
:lol::lol:

At the moment it is my solution but i'm very careful with my 197 and i cannot see this bug:tongueout:inky:

happens to me too.. its not that my clip on my bumper is broken but more bent.. didn't fancy bending it back in case it came off! looks like yours is totally snapped!! maybe try and get a 2nd hand bumper on Ebay and specify that the clips need to be fully intact??

happens to me too.. its not that my clip on my bumper is broken but more bent.. didn't fancy bending it back in case it came off! looks like yours is totally snapped!! maybe try and get a 2nd hand bumper on Ebay and specify that the clips need to be fully intact??

Is a renault bug because also in italy and france there is a lot of user with this problem..
I use my car very careful, my 197 have not ONE parking...only road, track and garage..not city not parking....
The bumper bug for me became after that we remove and fit it 1/2/3 times..

Had the same issue... got in there and just put in a self tapper screw...
Fixed
The End...
Fatality to pop out bumper!!! :smiley:

yep mine has done this too

i removed bumper and heated the lug holes on the bumper to straighten them up

then refitted and squeezed a tiny amount of glue in the gap between bumper and wing when fitted

not perfect but it hasnt popped in 3 months

I had never even heard of this problem until now!

Im glad there seems to be a simple solution to it as I wouldn't be happy getting a new bumper etc. I dont think it would ever match properly.

Yup I have this bug also - I just keep pushing it back in. Might try a little hole & cable tie/glue or a wee self-tapper. Whats the best way to access it? From under the front bumper itself?