from r26 to a 200?

hello all, newbie here.

I currently own an 07 meg r26, which I've owned since new. Now I really do like my current car, however recently I've really had the urge for a cupped 200 in storm grey, with recaro's, black speedline's

has anyone on here gone from a 225/230 to a 200? if so, how have you found it?

Why on earth would somebody do that? Strip it, chip it, off you go. Just driven an R26.R and I soooo want the 197 to go away :smile:

Welcome to the site dubs.
Both great cars but very different.
Problem is getting an unbiased opinion,pluss the grass is always greener.

TBH mate I think the change from 197 / 200 to an R26 is a much easier desicion than going from an R26 to a 197 / 200 like your talking about.

Just remember the power in yout R26 is much easier to extract. You would constantly have to give the 197 the berries to make it go anything like your R26.

Difficult decission as both are amazin cars, I'd love an R26 but cant afford 3 RS's lol The Clio's are just too much fun to drive and I love high revin engine :smile:

What do you want from a car and what do u prefer?

I'd say it really depends on the type of driving that you do.

For me, the R27 (197) I had was more fun overall and easier to drive hard/on the limit, where as the Megane feels less predictable at times when pushed hard.

However, for me, I prefer the Megane as its MUCH better on Motorways and Dual Carriageways (where I spend most of my time) - the Clio was simply frustrating unless you're 'in the mood' for 'ragging it'.

If you're not commuting much and want more fun, and you aren't fussed about 'tuneability' then I'd say go for the 200. If you're doing more commuting, I'd stick with the Meg. Is yours remapped? If not, this could release some new life in your R26 for you...?

alright guys, thanks for the response.

before owning the r26 I had a 182 which I also loved to bits, small & light(ish) hatch that was a hoot to drive. I guess it's not the fact that I'm bored with the meg, but just fancy a change. can't really afford a 250 at the mo, so the 200 was the obvious choice. don't have a long drive into work, so commuting isn't an issue.

I'm going to be arranging a test drive of a 200 as I think that will really give me the answer I need. Mine isn't remapped at the mo, so this is a possible route to go down & shake things up a little.

think its just that pic of a storm grey 197 with the black speedlines kicking around that has really got me thinking of going back to a clio.

I'll let you guys know what I decide after a test drive.

many thanks!

I went from a scooby to my R27 and got used to less power more or less straight away. Handling is loads better too.

mmm... the Clio is a fun drive and I just went past 30 000km and I love her!!! cant really help here as I have NEVER driven a Meg Sport nor have I been in one... oops :smiley: