FROG BOMBER!! sold....... :'(

WP_002384.jpg

updated to now 14/09/2013:

brembo high carbon discs with ferodo performance pads (front)
new handbrake cables
itg panel filter
k-tec cat back exhaust(aug012)
conti sports all round
Pagid rear discs + redstuff pads
toyosports stainless steel manifold(new may2013)
heko wind deflectors(may2013)
Cambelt and water pump(Aug2013)
Exon hoses(sep013)

plans for 2013

keeping it tidy and looking standard,

k-tec crackle map
Eibach springs to go on.

and hope for no more shocks and horrors!!

Last edited:
I think he was pointing toward the colour combo more than the car lol

Nice idea's. Look forward to seeing it take shape

Time for a small update; after seeing a few other interiors on here i decided to pull my finger out and get on with sparying my dash strips and centre console gloss black, after a weekend long battle i prevailed!!

next jobs wheels and calipers! :thumbsup:

[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• WP_001867.jpg
    WP_001867.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 206
  • WP_001869.jpg
    WP_001869.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 185
Very nice on the centre console and dash strips, i've gone for satin black as apposed to gloss.

Looks tip top yours matey!

Personal experience?

I have to say, can't really notice the rear red stuff pads as they are only doing 20% of the work, but they do seem to create more dust than the ferrodo pads.
Bought them as I needed to save on my pennies and still wanted a performance pad, next time back to ferrodo.

Thanks for all the comments guys, I had to make a good job of these as im a painter and decorator by trade, but have to say, it was certainly a challenge that I won't want to repeat again any time soon

power house! me and the old man decided to give the cars a clean over the weekend. 30 edition is my dads, mx-5 is my sisters.

WP_001888.jpg
WP_001716.jpg

and in the post this week are some xenon led bulbs for the interior so will get some pics up when ive fitted them. :w00t:

Fish tank!! bought some xenon white led bulbs for the car this week and im well chuffed with em. My camera dosn't make it look that brilliant though. £13 well spent i think!!

fish tank 021.jpg
fish tank 020.jpg

Little up-date with more info to follow on Thursday eve.

My manifold was condemned a couple of weeks back so after 2 weeks of semi-careful driving and many thread searches and chats with others I decided to buy myself the stainless steel toyosports manifold off ebay, unsure of how much it'll affect the drive and power delivery, but I suppose I'll find out on Thursday afternoon.

pictures and review to follow.

On a lighter note, bought myself some heko deflectors at the same time to cheer myself up!!

Will look forwards to seeing what you have to say about the stainless manifold matey. Quite keen on one myself to tide me over for the year!
Heko defelctors are a nice mod in my opinion too!

Manifold has been pushed back till Tuesday, my mechanic didn't realise its almost a 6hr job, and as I don't really want it rushed we decided to wait a few more days till he's got more time. But my Heko's arrived today so I'll be fitting those once ive washed the car on Sunday.

:lol: Manifold is on!!

First impressions are very good, flat spot has been increased slightly, and overall drive is ok if not a bit hesitant, which I think is because it needs to bed in and the car to get used to it. I think to gain the best results a 're-map is in order.

I have left the standard cat in place, so it is restricted. I don't think it's gained any power but it certainly has improved throttle response and best of all made it sound like an absolute BEAST!!!

Marks out of 10? 7. Needs a re-map.

Warning to those who think about doing this, it took my mechanic nearly 7 hours! So if your serious be sure you have the funds to pay the Labour, and email this link to whoever does the work, it helped my mechanic out big time!!! http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31774&page=4

I'm very happy. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Heres a pic of the manifold when it arrived, very good build quality. Plus one of the car after its clean and new Heko's.

Attachments

• WP_002195.jpg
    WP_002195.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 145
  • WP_002204.jpg
    WP_002204.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 135
  • WP_002210.jpg
    WP_002210.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 119

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date