freelander(19" now fitted page 4)

jase

Founder
Platinum Member
when i first got her...
Picture061.jpg
Picture060.jpg

removed the front nudge bar thing and fitted some side step so felix could actually get in.

Picture019.jpg

Picture020-1.jpg

decided to look for some cheap wheels and found these on ebay...

2a6ab695.jpg

Last edited:
Can't really afford a refurb and they ain't too bad as they are.
Plus not keeping it long enough to justify it.

Quick update...

Won the wheels and tyres for £311.
Went to the collect them today. He said they were in "good" condition with a little curb damage.
But when I saw them they have suffered from alot of water damage under the lacquer.
In short after he tried fobbing me off and i told him what was wrong with them and i was prepared to walk, I only ended up paying £100.

Just need to find a decent cheap refurb now.
Any suggestions.?

Quick update...

Won the wheels and tyres for £311.
Went to the collect them today. He said they were in "good" condition with a little curb damage.
But when I saw them they have suffered from alot of water damage under the lacquer.
In short after he tried fobbing me off and i told him what was wrong with them and i was prepared to walk, I only ended up paying £100.

Just need to find a decent cheap refurb now.
Any suggestions.?

powder coat them jase, the best thing i ever did with my old wheels and cost £80.

for that i got them shot blasted / dipped / powdercoated ford graphite grey;

262.jpg

or you could polish the hell out of them like we did with set of Mercedes segin wheels for a passat;

100-1.jpg

Last edited:
If you need a good powder coaters, there is LSN in Castleford, but I am sure you can find someone a bit closer.

What are the tyres like?

Would like them powder coated because from past experience it doesn't chip as easy but cheapest I know of is £50 a wheel. Where did you get them done at £80 for the set.?

Would like them done in something like smoked chrome I think but place I know only does basic colours. But not that fussed if it means they are done cheap.

The reverse are fine and done in black so it's only really the face that needs doing and if painted this would make a big difference to price.

2 tyres are like new, 1 is ok and last tyre is useable but getting iffy on outer shoulder.
Plan on just picking up a cheap part worn from fleabay.

LSN are £30 each for 17", probably a touch more for 19", for candy's, etc. he charges a bit more again. Oh, and he wants them with the tyres removed, however there is a tyre place next door.

Going to use them as they are for a couple of days just to make sure they are ok before putting more money into them.
Will take some pics later when fitted.

Would like them powder coated because from past experience it doesn't chip as easy but cheapest I know of is £50 a wheel. Where did you get them done at £80 for the set.?

Would like them done in something like smoked chrome I think but place I know only does basic colours. But not that fussed if it means they are done cheap.

The reverse are fine and done in black so it's only really the face that needs doing and if painted this would make a big difference to price.

2 tyres are like new, 1 is ok and last tyre is useable but getting iffy on outer shoulder.
Plan on just picking up a cheap part worn from fleabay.

jase alot of powder coaters do it for £1 a square inch, so a 19 inch wheel costs £19.

i had mine done at a place in barnsley but i have seen CAS coatings work and its just as good if not better. i cant recommend powder coating enough over painting alloy wheels.

the finish you get is 100x better, plus you get 0 runs because of how the powder coating process is carried out.

Bradford is a bit of a trek for me though. What's they place in barnsley called.?

just been to put them on and they fit ok but got issues with the nuts.

the nut is a 22mm nut and the holes in the wheels are about 28mm so problem is there is absolutly no way a socket(even a thin one) will go in the hole to tighten nuts properly.

need to look at either longer nuts are ideally some sort of allen key nut.
anyone know where i could source these.?

dont even know what thread or anything i would need.