forged meg 197 cup

My Old meg lump has been stripped...

New oil pump, new cylinder head, new turbo, some forged rods and pistons required to get it sorted, this cars testing my patience :worried:

It’s in good hands now though with Andy @ Engine dynamics. Looking forward to getting back on track

Mate I'm well happy for you. I'm sure it feels brilliant to have it nearly ready to go!

Reactions: Markmec
At least I can move forward with the project now.. suspension and brakes now.

Coming down the Gaz road like me and t'other Ben? Welcome to come for a lap in mine at Snetterton if you want to see what it's like first. I know @Big Ben has gone for a slightly different spring rate to mine.

I don't know how much you'll be using it on the road but my Performance Friction Z rated pads are excellent for both track and road use. Not badly priced either.

Reactions: Markmec
Yes will likely go for the gaz golds.

Cars track only, although it drives to events so I’m happy with full attack mode for the track. Lol

Coming down the Gaz road like me and t'other Ben? Welcome to come for a lap in mine at Snetterton if you want to see what it's like first. I know @Big Ben has gone for a slightly different spring rate to mine.

I don't know how much you'll be using it on the road but my Performance Friction Z rated pads are excellent for both track and road use. Not badly priced either.

Reactions: Benno
Gotta be DS1.11s then! Mine's still a daily for now so not ready for squealing every time I get to a set of traffic lights haha!!

Message @tombate911 he's got a good contact who's just sorted Ben out with a set for an unbeatable price!

Gaz gold coil overs been ordered.

Just got to sort the brakes now, will possibly go for either some PF 2 piece discs or just some standard size updated and some Ds 1.11s I have some braided lines and racing fluid to go on which I’ll sort when fitting the suspension.

Cars been shown much love (and money) so need to get it out there and enjoyed now so hopefully have it sorted for snet on the 22nd of July.

Reactions: Benno and Sean197
Well had 4 hours on the car today, managed to strip the whole of the o/s/f completely off inc Lower arm, hub, caliper, suspension leg etc and fit the o/s/r coilover.

The front is gonna need some serious attention, both ball joints fubard also both anti roll bar links.

Front bumper is off, found one of my intercooler pipes rubbing badly on the headlight, plus some other nasties. Front discs and pads, and some poly bushes for the lower arm etc whilst it’s off.
Will have to get this all sorted now as I’m in too deep! Haha

Attachments

• 892FBC53-2C43-4134-9D14-33ED5DCDEF44.jpeg
    892FBC53-2C43-4134-9D14-33ED5DCDEF44.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 33
  • F6CEEE04-2ED2-464A-B113-E0D1060AD35D.jpeg
    F6CEEE04-2ED2-464A-B113-E0D1060AD35D.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 35
  • 37C794B1-8B18-4AD6-82FE-FDF6317DF512.jpeg
    37C794B1-8B18-4AD6-82FE-FDF6317DF512.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 34
Reactions: Sean197
DE52C5E0-57EB-4699-A01B-28725F124529.png Trying to source a mammoth amount of parts at the cheapest (but obviously quality matters) price.

Any info/help is much appreciated

Seen this ball joint kit on eBay which is ok on the price, just not sure on the quality??