197: Flat battery ?

matt9566

Paid Member
Tried to set off for work this morning and my car wouldn't start, all I'm getting is a clicking noise when I press the start button (My car is keyless entry) I haven't had time to get someone with some jump leads as I was rushing to get to work. Just wanted to ask people opinions ? Will it just be a flat battery ? The radio etc is still working that's why I'm slightly confused

Thanks

Sounds like a flat battery to me. Radio and other stuff will still work, thers just not enough charge to fire the engine I think.

Do the dials move at all as you crank it?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Sounds like a flat battery to me. Radio and other stuff will still work, thers just not enough charge to fire the engine I think.

Do the dials move at all as you crank it?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks for that mate, I assumed it was just the battery. I'm not too sure I didn't notice the dials but I was a bit frustrated as I was late for work. I will get some jump leads on it later and hopefully it will start then I can give it a good run.. If the problem persists I'll replace the battery.

Can someone tell me which battery I need if it needs replacing ? I've typed my reg in eurocarparts but there's 3 choices and I'm not sure which is the correct one ?

Problem solved - my brother has just took it to see my mechanic and the battery was knackered, still the original factory one so it's had a decent life at nearly 10 years old. New one in and the Clio is back to life! Happy days

Good to hear you got to the bottom of it Matt! Always a relief when it's a simple solution!

@Jimmy Thanks Jimmy, Yeah always nice when it's simple could've been a lot worse.

@LOCKE Great cheers, got one sorted!

@Pav Yeah Pav brilliant news, had everything else checked while it was at the garage and everything else is good. Happy days

Reactions: Jimmy
Sorry to bring an old thread back up, but I am having a similar issue.

When I try to start the car, I only get a clicking noise and steering not locked message.

I thinking two things - starter dead or battery; I am not sure which...

I tested mine at the weekend as I had to jump start it after sitting with the ignition on for 25mins.

This is the info I got -

379b616f-bcaa-421b-8ed7-7aba4d286114.JPG aa57a154-d21d-4a4f-be18-09e4446d0e8b.JPG