Flacsi's Racing Red 197

Guys, made my decision on coil-overs, I opt for the AST 5100 series.
Speaking with the engineer -Julian- who suggested a custom spring rate as follows:
80 Nm front
110 Nm back
As he explained, when leaving the corner, the weight goes to the back, therefore you need a stiffer spring on the back, not to loose any traction, when accelerating. If the springs are soft in the back, then when entering to a right hand corner, all the weight goes to left front, therefore you loose traction on rear right.
http://www.ast-suspension.com/websh...t-1-way-5100-renault-3-clio-rs-197-200-detail

whats your view on this guys?

time passes rather slowly until the AST set arrives at the begining of June....
Car passed MOT yesterday, so seats, carpets from the back jumped out again, but this time the rear seat belts gone as well!
The 3 items weighted 7kg!!!!

Wonderring to remove the curtain airbags as well, but as reailezed it goes from C pillar to A pillar!

17537908570_c6fe8beff2_h.jpgUntitled by Tamás Flatsker, on Flickr

Yeah good idea, as the speakers went already! And I have seen a carbon cover [MENTION=3629]simo[/MENTION]'s car, so now I have to find out where to get it!
but it raises a question: how can I charge my iPhone as I use Harry's lap timer?

Finally removed the rear wiper and motor! What a painful exercise!!! And what a silly way of fixing it from Renault :worried:
There are 3 rivets on the rear door, at first look seems like another special bolt, but even worse...
What you can see is an aluminium top, what you need to break and remove the rubber and finally able to remove the rivets:

18036948291_95d21b4b64_h.jpgRear wiper by Tamás Flatsker, on Flickr

18036110325_599b8df81d_h.jpgRear wiper by Tamás Flatsker, on Flickr

Last edited:
attachment.php
The sound isolation (tar) was about 25 kg in my car.. Do not be lazy to remove.

Attachments

• WP_20141103_004.jpg
    WP_20141103_004.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 291