Flacsi's Racing Red 197

you might have an interest, where I fixed the 4 points harness, so here you are:

the top ones goes around the rear strut bar, yeah its not flat, but way better than on the floor!
26557552520_983868c17b_b.jpgUntitled by Tamás Flatsker, on Flickr

the lower left-one goes where the OEM harness is fixed on the bottom end of B pillar:
26633505936_44976b1b6f_b.jpgUntitled by Tamás Flatsker, on Flickr

the lower right one, is the tricky one, currently goes behind the passenger seat, i know its not the best place,but...
26762664431_f5f739172c_b.jpgUntitled by Tamás Flatsker, on Flickr
26566769262_f9f3a6a9f5_b.jpgUntitled by Tamás Flatsker, on Flickr

are those brackets up to the job (load rating)....dont look strong enough to me :poke:

wouldnt want them snapping in a high speed impact and not holding you in place

You need the get the harnesses fitted 100% correct bud , not worth risking it. It's the angle in relation to the floor that's important too.

Looks like you are using the rear isofix for the passenger one ?

Hi mate, it's worth mounting the lap harnesses to the rear recaro subframe. You can just about see where in the pic below. Ignore where the shoulder harnesses are mounted onto. f47feda2bd0d994dc56138b10b3e064b.jpg
As for the shoulder harnesses, mounting to the strut brace should be ok for now, But I would recommend bolting them directly to the floor in the future. I know this isn't advised due to the angle, but it's a lot more secure as I'm not sure exactly how strong the ultra racing bar is.
93745014923544822cc05a730104e926.jpg
You will need these eye bolts, make sure you go for M10x 1.5 as that's the correct thread size. Screw in 2 to the isofix points and 2 in to the original rear seat belt points.
585c3ea30a93b50ff92e0f45a8c31837.jpg
This is my set up at the moment, my bucket seats sit nice and low so the angle isn't a problem, but mark fish motorsports has advised me that this set up is 100% safe to run with recaros.

Hope this helps. :smile:

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?19407-Luke_197-Progress-thread/page21

Last edited:
[MENTION=3735]Luke_197[/MENTION] many thx for your pictures! Still not clear where you mount the lower left/lap harness pls?
is it somehow at the back end of the Recaro CS?
Would you mind to describe or add a better picture, pls?

Good point on shoulder harnesses, I have the eye bolts, will have a try.

[MENTION=29]foxspeed[/MENTION] and [MENTION=52200]montana[/MENTION], thanks for your points, I will change the tricky lower right one!

[MENTION=3735]Luke_197[/MENTION] many thx for your pictures! Still not clear where you mount the lower left/lap harness pls?
is it somehow at the back end of the Recaro CS?
Would you mind to describe or add a better picture, pls?

Good point on shoulder harnesses, I have the eye bolts, will have a try.

Hi mate, I would take close up pics but I no longer own the recaros.

Basically at the bottom of the rear of the recaro just above the slider, there are 2 square cut outs which you can hook the harness onto. Perhaps yours being the left hand model will be different.
2615f5b18f05ab74c7d4e1da2093981d.jpg

For mounting my harness I used schroth b23a bracket, it's still tight but it works and it's made with the purpose fitting a harness where there's little room ;-)

Here you go :wink:

26917253831_bbc4be013d_b.jpg

Like said, this is the schroth B23A bracket, when bought its straight but its allowed to bend it.

Guys, as the 4 point harnesses installed and tested during the week-end, I realized that using it as 4 point instead of 6 point, its kind of a joke.
Why: because the seat belt bucket comes so high -even up to your chest- when you tighten the shoulder straps!
So currently I do not see the added value of this 4 point harness, yeah looks cool, but come on we are not boy-racers, police goes ballistic when seen.

Are you living with this issue or you found any solution for it?
i.e.: tighten the 2 lower straps and mildly tighten the shoulder straps?

Or would it make sense to somehow fix the other 2 harness (between your legs), which will not let the buckle move up?

Guys, as the 4 point harnesses installed and tested during the week-end, I realized that using it as 4 point instead of 6 point, its kind of a joke.
Why: because the seat belt bucket comes so high -even up to your chest- when you tighten the shoulder straps!
So currently I do not see the added value of this 4 point harness, yeah looks cool, but come on we are not boy-racers, police goes ballistic when seen.

Are you living with this issue or you found any solution for it?
i.e.: tighten the 2 lower straps and mildly tighten the shoulder straps?

Or would it make sense to somehow fix the other 2 harness (between your legs), which will not let the buckle move up?

If You properly tighten the waist belt (the way You are barely able to fasten it) then the buckle won't move up.
And again, Your shoulder strap should be tightened to that extent that You're barely able to breath.
But even then there is some risk that in case of frontal impact You're body would slip underneath the waist belt, so I would recommend 6-point harness anyway but this require proper bucket seat.

If you want 4-points use Schroth ASM's (anti-submarine), one of the straps as a small amount of additional material that releases in a high impact and causes just enough rotation to stop/reduce the submarine problem.