Fitting milltek exhaust 197

chris1888-197

Paid Member
Hi everyone bought a milltek cat back exhaust system off a fellow member on the site and was wondering if anyone knew how far to cut back the exhaust when removing the old 1, as I am pretty sure it's a 1 peice exhaust to the cat ? The reason I ask I am going to fit it on Saturday in work and when I fit it don't want the exhaust tips popping out by the diffuser, any advise welcome 8) thanks

Last edited:
Yeah [MENTION=52200]montana[/MENTION] it was a bit of adjusting! Sounds good, couldn't believe the weight in the standard rear silencer/back box exhaust weighs a ton!

Same as mine, I was very lucky that the car came with this exhaust and a K&N panel filter! - As they are the two things I was thinking of having done anyway so it saved me having to fork out for it.

Love the sound of it, it's just right. Not too much when pottering about, get a few cheeky pops and bangs. Sounds great when giving it some but it's not too asbo.

Yeah def [MENTION=53806]Mattb_197[/MENTION] it's just the right noise when taking it easy and sounds great when you put the foot down. I have a itg panel filter fitted too. Do you have a decat pipe fitted ?

So the Milltek resonated system is not too loud? Does it drone at motorway speeds?

Good to know if/when my standard system needs replacing

No its fine on the motorway bud, just sounds better all round than the standard exhaust, it's def not too loud. It's perfect the way I wanted it, ok when driving normal and sound great when you put the foot down. I have 2 kids so wouldn't want it took loud when driving normal with the kids in the car. Il get a vid up of how it sounds the next couple of days.

No its fine on the motorway bud, just sounds better all round than the standard exhaust, it's def not too loud. It's perfect the way I wanted it, ok when driving normal and sound great when you put the foot down. I have 2 kids so wouldn't want it took loud when driving normal with the kids in the car. Il get a vid up of how it sounds the next couple of days.

Video would be ace! Cheers

Do you know if you can have it with slashed pipes as per the standard exhaust? I'm quite into the stealth/original look

Not sure how much the sound varies when comparing to Miltek (I imagine they're pretty similar), but Scorpion do an exhaust for the 197 with slashed tips.

[MENTION=53977]Cal[/MENTION]lerfold is correct, think it's only the scorpion exhaust you can get in slashed cut pipes like standard. Il get a vid up next couple of days bud.8)

Not sure I fancy adding a de-cat as it means it'll want mapping then, plus cause headaches come MOT time. At the moment I'm pleased with it. Just getting all the belts done and I think the dreaded hub ball joints have got a bit of play so I'll have to fork out for them next lol.