Fitting a 200 cup ARB to a 197

I’d think so as it should be the same shape, drop links should be identical, you would need mounts although if yours are worn it may fit nice and tight with some copper grease as I think it’s only a mm bigger from memory (if it’s something daft bigger like 3mm you’ll need some rubber bushes to mount it to the subframe also, plus the new bar

Why would you want a thicker ARB at the front? Surely it will increase understeer?
Just curious.
I’d definately update the rear axle first and then get the front as thick as possible, but yes it will increase tendency to oversteer and effect handling for the worse unless the rear is done also! I’d fit cup dampers and springs before uprating the front bar

I'm either going cup dampeners, bilstein b14 or ktr coilovers.

Do the early 200 cup dampeners also fit the 197?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

May as well go down the coilovers route rather than the cup dampers if you're spending the cash. As above leave the roll bar's till the suspension is done.

You'll want a larger rear than front roll arb for some lovely loose rear end handling.

If this is not an out and out track car and judging by your suspension choices it isnt(?) I personally don’t think the ARB is needed. Just saying

The rear 197 and 200 shocks use the same mounting. The front shocks are a wide mounting from 06 to 09 and they changed. You can use early 200 shocks, I have recently bought 2nd hand Cup shocks from an early 200 to fit my 197.

Shocks, springs and alignment is something I would do first. Even reducing toe has a good effect on turn in. Adjustable front topmounts will help with camber, a fine balance between handling and tramlining.

That said, it is your car and Id be interested in seeing if it can be improved. Everyone likes their car setup differently.