First proper service!

Okay so the dealership i bought the car from said they serviced and MOT the day before i picked her up, but i wasn't convinced and so at 19,000 ish miles i booked in for a full service. (My mate owns a garage) advised me to do this even tho the computer says service in another 3,000 miles or so.. Firstly he was amazed at how well the car drives and said he wants one! Then things went a bit south as he began to explain how all four brakes were seized, the rear brakes aren't actually brembros (i dont know if they should be), the wheels had never been taken off and so he had great fun getting them off, looks like some absolute brute who has worked on the car before has managed to shear an 8mm bolt in the number one coil... my rear left tyre had a nail embedded in it and is cracking between the tread.. not sure why because it is a conti contact sport 5? Finally the drivers side drive shaft boot had cracked and so needed to be replaced!

Niiiiice!!

Nope, not Brembos on the rear.

As for servicing the brakes, unless the previous member was on some forums, he wouldnt have known how common the brakes seizing is. Every 6 months i do mine and they are still on their way out by the time i come to do it.

Tell your mate, 10.5k and he can have mine!

get a list from your mate of all the faults and issues and go back to where you got it from and tell them you want to "officially complain"!!!

the 197/200 don't have a "brake service" the only time they get touched is when they wear out or go faulty - a real cock up if you ask me due to all the issues they suffer from...

the rear calipers are trw items - brembos only on the fronts but still has 300 rear discs and 320 fronts :wink: