First proper dive in the 200 - and pics

T

TheRedEyeJedi

Went for a spin in the sun today - really love this car:smile: Pretty much everything that was disapointing with the R27 has been put right ... so much more torque now so its not reving its tits off all the time - motorway cruising is just a joy now....highly recommend these to anyone - just a great all round package.

De badged the C L I O off the back - looks much better imo ... thinking of spraying the front and back diamonds black as well.

New 6 channel amp is going in on tuesday - old one is 12 years old and only works when it feels like it. Other than that no big plans at the moment- just going to enjoy it for a while. I want to do a little to the interior just to brighten it up - might get some bits replaced with carbon.

Also want a black front splitter to match the rear and other black inserts but there isnt one on the market - I assume renaultsport will get one done at some point

pics:thumbs:

DSC00352.jpg

DSC00353.jpg

DSC00371.jpg

DSC00361.jpg

DSC00358.jpg

DSC00357.jpg

DSC00321.jpg

DSC00320.jpg

DSC00317.jpg

DSC00313.jpg

DSC00316.jpg

DSC00295.jpg

DSC00307.jpg

DSC00334.jpg

DSC00329.jpg

DSC00328.jpg

DSC00326.jpg

DSC00325.jpg

DSC00324.jpg

DSC00349.jpg

DSC00345.jpg

DSC00346.jpg

Very nice! I would like to drive a 200 just to see if there is much difference. Might ask the Renault dealer when I go in tomorrow anyway with the 197.

Cars looking brilliant mate! What other differences are you experiencing between the change from the R27 to the 200? Im considering the 200 or the Focus RS..

Know how you feel, the 197 and 200 for me are miles apart. Dont know if its the chassie pack that I never had on the 197 but it feels alot more responsive and the low end torque is bliss. Styling after it grows on you its much fresher looking and muscular. 197 front end is starting to date (personal opinion). Def get a drive of one, you wont be disappointed.

driven both and not much difference i suppose mines been tuned a little but 200 doesnt handle aswell as 197 with coilovers

do you lose ure fingertip controls with a a new head unit? something i need desperately

driven both and not much difference i suppose mines been tuned a little but 200 doesnt handle aswell as 197 with coilovers

do you lose ure fingertip controls with a a new head unit? something i need desperately

no - but the alpine adapter to keep it working is £100:blush:hmy:

BTW, I like the Renault Sport sticker on your dash strip on the passenger side, are they standard o the 200 or where did you get it from? Wouldn't mind 1 myself!

BTW, I like the Renault Sport sticker on your dash strip on the passenger side, are they standard o the 200 or where did you get it from? Wouldn't mind 1 myself!

I assume they are standard in the 200 - or the previous owner added it

I was not a fan of the 200, or this colour (every 182 in the world seemed to be that colour) but now that has changed a lot.

Stunning car, and the front is growing on me too now. :smile::smile:

Would look amazing going round the Nurburgring too

:wink::wink:

I was not a fan of the 200, or this colour (every 182 in the world seemed to be that colour) but now that has changed a lot.

Stunning car, and the front is growing on me too now. :smile::smile:

Would look amazing going round the Nurburgring too

:wink::wink:

cheers- I love the front end now ... but only on certain colours

I'd like one, I wonder if I could get one from anywhere else other than the stealers?