first outing on a track

not been on track in the 200 yet and was really nervous about it so was pondering going on at FSC as a taster then i saw a sign in the window of a saxo with track time for sale on it so i gave the number a call and got booked on at 3.15, took sofaboy off here as a passenger and it was great, i was very nervous but it was absolutly awesome, first time on so was taking it easy.

after the 15 mins slot i wanted to go again so spoke to matt wills and he sold me 30 mins track time at 4.30pm for £10 which was great of him and he lent me his helmets, i pushed the car alot harder this time and managed to get past about 10 cars including 3 106s with 'ready for track' stickers on them a red mr2, a bmw (who was driving like a c**t oversteering and nearly spinning a few times) and a few others, also managed to lap a c2 vts.

only problem i had was coming off the oval braking for the tight left corner i got massive brake fade, this only happened once so took the next lap easier, also had a play with a 106 on coilovers and throttle bodies for about 4 laps which was really quick he kept with me on the straights and through the bends but i eventualy pulled away from him.

also noticed my tyres started to melt when i pulled off

needless to say i absolutely loved it and i now understand when people say that you cant push your car to the limits on a roads because you really cant, i think i have the track bug now and im looking at getting a set of track wheels and tyres aswell.

lynden

only problem i had was coming off the oval braking for the tight left corner i got massive brake fade,

also noticed my tyres started to melt when i pulled off

needless to say i absolutely loved it and i now understand when people say that you cant push your car to the limits on a roads because you really cant, i think i have the track bug now and im looking at getting a set of track wheels and tyres aswell.

lynden

It's great fun on track mate and I'm certainly one of them that believes you shouldn't push these cars on the road.

There certainly amazing enough to have fun with but if your getting to their limits on the road your being very silly :lol:

It's an expensive bug to catch but by far one of the best :smiley:

You'll want to change your fluid though as once you've boiled it once it gets weaker. For the price of braided lines it's worth getting them fitted at the same time.