Fire Extinguishers...

Hyde200

Gold Member
so who has the above in the car? I have one which i've managed to gain through a mate. Where have you mounted it and how? Thinking about putting mine in the car somewhere just in case!

It will probably be a powder one the boot will be the place for it always keep in mind that in an accident it does not become a flying object and inside the cabin the risk of someone setting it off or accidental discharge which will fill the car quickly blind you and destroy everything. Low down up against the back seat but be careful I've seen all sorts of disasters like people fitting vans out with panels and putting screws through the metalwork into looms, spare wheels under the floor, exhausts and even the exterior panels when they grab the work length screw or put it in the wrong place. While racing at Assen I saw a lot of Dutch cars with escape brake glass hammers fitting in the centre foot well I guess with the amount of ditches and water at the side of the roads over there with no barriers makes good practice.

I want to mount one in the boot but not sure where to mount it. I never have much in the boot so open to ideas even if its on the boot floor. Anyone found any existing holes or mount points to save drilling?

I want to mount one in the boot but not sure where to mount it. I never have much in the boot so open to ideas even if its on the boot floor. Anyone found any existing holes or mount points to save drilling?
The problem is the fire will probably be front end or in side

Reactions: Gus

Needs to be where you can grab it easily not hiding in the boot

Reactions: Gus
A lot of fires are started at battery or main power cables. If your extinguisher is in the boot and the power is killed your boot won't open.

Also, an I correct in saying a 197 boot can't be opened if car is running?

Bolt it to the floor in the passenger footwell, half tucked under front of the seat. Use big washers or flat plate under the floor so the bolts can't pull through. Get a good quality, good size motorsport extinguisher and
It will have decent clamps. I'll get some pics up tomorrow.

A lot of fires are started at battery or main power cables. If your extinguisher is in the boot and the power is killed your boot won't open.

Bolt it to the floor in the passenger footwell, half tucked under front of the seat. Use big washers or flat plate under the floor so the bolts can't pull through. Get a good quality, good size motorsport extinguisher and
It will have decent clamps. I'll get some pics up tomorrow.

Appreciate it mate! Thats the idea i had in mine anyway.

Marginally off topic, but if the keycard is in the console slot the boot can be opened with the engine running.

Marginally off topic, but if the keycard is in the console slot the boot can be opened with the engine running.

may not open, if it is a electrical fire could fry something boot release related before you realise what has happened

may not open, if it is a electrical fire could fry something boot release related before you realise what has happened

Yeah very true Glenn. It's why I put marginally off topic, as I know you can open the boot with the engine running using that method, but would not likely apply if there was a fire that affected things like that, as you say.

Well I guess that's death by fire covered, scuba tank under the drivers seat for drowning, insurance in the glove box, emergency glass hammer/belt cutter in the door pocket, then you get run over getting into or out of the car.

Reactions: sevenfourate