FIA Formula E

They make kind of a whine, but it is weird to see F1-looking cars and them not making much noise! The racing is pretty decent though and it's worth a watch if you like motorsport.

Reactions: jasonlovesfrench
The thing I like about Motorsport is the noise and the smell. Watched Formula E and thought it was a pile of crap to be honest. If that's the future of racing we are doomed. I'll be dead and buried before this will be the norm.

The thing I like about Motorsport is the noise and the smell. Watched Formula E and thought it was a pile of crap to be honest. If that's the future of racing we are doomed. I'll be dead and buried before this will be the norm.

Im with you and couldn't agree more.

Does that make us old-school or outdated ?

Tbh ive watched it and it just gave me a headache after about 20 minutes because of the whine they make.

I thought it would die off after a year or two after it was first brought in, but it seems to be doing well and still going strong. It is definitely at odds to what you'd normally get with motor racing, noise-wise! It's a sign of the times I suppose!

Let's be grateful that we still need drivers in racing cars - autonomous racers anyone?? :think:

All over the Forumla E.

Big Seb Buemi fan from Le Mans. And he, and Renault, are the absolute class of the field right now.

Great racing in my opinion. Lots of action, cars close together, really entertaining and surprisingly quick in the flesh.

Three in a row! Go Renault.

I watched half a race then the commentator said they would be pit stopping any min to change cars as the batteries were almost flat. I turned over then.lol

No it's second on my not to do list alongside bum fun

Yeah, that might explain it. They're actually very entertaining. Different yes, but maybe you don't like different.

Or maybe you're just scared you might like both if you tried them :smiley:

Yeah, that might explain it. They're actually very entertaining. Different yes, but maybe you don't like different.

Or maybe you're just scared you might like both if you tried them :smiley:
I just think a car should make a proper noise. My one wish in life would be to drive a Ferrari through the longest tunnel in the world over and over again. Now why would I do that in a Tesla?