Febi Track rod kit

On febis site that’s listed for the m4r engine from memory and not the f4r, so it’s probably a narrower chassis than the 197/200 and a shorter rack end, I have got an old supplier motor factors ordering one in and I’m gonna take my genuine brand new ones in when they arrive and check the length, had this loads with rs meganes, they are a good 1.5” longer from memory due to the wider track on the 225/230 Megane turbos

I’ll let you know once I’ve checked after mine have come

On febis site that’s listed for the m4r engine from memory and not the f4r, so it’s probably a narrower chassis than the 197/200 and a shorter rack end, I have got an old supplier motor factors ordering one in and I’m gonna take my genuine brand new ones in when they arrive and check the length, had this loads with rs meganes, they are a good 1.5” longer from memory due to the wider track on the 225/230 Megane turbos

I’ll let you know once I’ve checked after mine have come
Ahh ok, looks like ill half to pay up lool. Will be interesting to hear you findings though. Cheers.

They aren’t right, my genuine Renault ones were 250mm long, those you listed are 320mm and not for the RS

They aren’t right, my genuine Renault ones were 250mm long, those you listed are 320mm and not for the RS
Cheers for the update, it's good to know. a
Alot of people have probably been messed around because of that!! Looks like ill definitely go genuine lol.

Incase anyone cares, I used a vernier to swap mine and tracking remained correct

Mark the nut and the rack end threads with tippex so you can ensure they can be returned to where they were, using a 21mm spanner crack the big nut from the track rod end, on both of mine the nut was seized on the rack end anyway, but if you tippex it and it moves you can put it back where it was...

Unscrew the rack end from the track rod end, of the nut is free keep it somewhere near (use a 13mm spanner on the hex section)

Once free, ensure your tippex marks are aligned and using a vernier set it to the correct distance from end of the rack end to the nut

I then swapped the rack end and wound the nut on until it was the same distance from the end once more, now mark it with tippex and ensuring marks stay lined up as these will move easily being new, tightened it up so the marks were aligned, this may take a few attempts

Ideally do one side at once and test drive, then adjust so steering wheel is straight if it’s off, then do the other side and repeat

I actually did both sides of mine at the same time in this manner and it was cock on first time and bang on (the vernier worked a treat)

Thanks for this! Looking at a suspension and steering refresh soon and this is really helpful.