FAULT: Low Battery Warning

shauncr91

Paid Member
Did a trackday in my 200 2 weeks ago and on the way home I had a warning come up on the dash: "BATTERY LOW", and the stop light. I pulled over, restarted the car and it cleared for about 20mins then came back.

The car is now throwing up this fault after about 15-20mins of driving. The battery seems to be performing as normal as there are no signs of the it struggling to start, I tried disconnecting the battery for an hour yesterday but it didn't make any difference and came back after driving it.

Not finding a definitive result about this on Google, anyone here have any suggestions?

Ta.

Did a trackday in my 200 2 weeks ago and on the way home I had a warning come up on the dash: "BATTERY LOW", and the stop light. I pulled over, restarted the car and it cleared for about 20mins then came back.

The car is now throwing up this fault after about 15-20mins of driving. The battery seems to be performing as normal as there are no signs of the it struggling to start, I tried disconnecting the battery for an hour yesterday but it didn't make any difference and came back after driving it.

Not finding a definitive result about this on Google, anyone here have any suggestions?

Ta.
I've seen a couple of threads on here about this I think? Someone will no

Fingers crossed, it's just more an annoyance than anything because once it flags the fault up there's no way to clear it off the display.
They do have battery issues and it makes the car do some odd things. Get someone to check charging circuit when light is on

There is a fuse under the battery tray I think will give this message although usually others too. Sounds like alternator though

Thread update to hopefully help others in the future.

I changed the battery and it made no difference, at least I have the peace of mind that I now have a fresh battery in the car since the one I replace was the original factory fit.

I ended up getting the codes read by Ricky @ RPM and the car wasn't flagging any faults relating to charge or similar even though the light was on the dash (Well played Renault). In the end after much deliberation we changed the alternator as I got a good deal on a used unit with warranty from Renparts, used alternator has been on for a couple of days and so far I haven't had the warning come back on. While the alternator was seemingly charging OK as I'd lived with the fault for several months I reckon that the fault was with the regulator which is part of the unit.

Reactions: Foxspeed
I get this warning light on mine after a few miles of driving battery is fine and voltage seems fine as I run a scangauge. Has the light still remained off after new alternator?

All good so far with the new alternator, car is presenting no faults since changing it over. The voltages were fine on mine too when taking readings, we don't believe it to have been the alternator itself that was faulty but the regulator which is possibly sending false readings to the ECU.