F4RT conversion to Clio

Hi members,

Done the registration to get some information. I have an idea to swap the MK3 Megane RS engine with gearbox inside Clio. Ive done the search but didnt get the point exactly. My first question is, what model year Clio would be best to swap into? Ive looked some 2007 year 4-door Clios as they are cheap, I think its the MK3 yes? Can i swap the parts into this car or is it too complicated? Its with the 1.2 engine from the factory, does it have to be 2.0 16V from the factory to make the swap or not?
Ive totalled my RS250, thats why im getting this idea for a swap, it would be a fun track car.
Also for the other parts, can i use 4-pot Brembos under MK3 Clio, also Megane RS250 Recaro bucket seats, will those fit inside Clio?
Is it worth the hassle or is it too much of a work?

Sorry, I think I meant Clio MK4 for the swap?!
Like this:

attachment.php

Attachments

• $_86.JPG
    $_86.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:
I'm affraid you'll be taking a deep dive here.

better to start of with an 197, also the gearbox won't fit the car so you'll need the megane 225 gearbox

Okay, I was afraid that its pointless to do that. Maybe its better to sell the parts so someone with the 197 or 200 can do that :smile:

Why would you even consider a mk3? The chassis would be naff! I've seen 197's go for under 3k now...better off doing that. Unless you're doing the work yourself, you'll need to budget a couple of k to get the work done.

Why would you even consider a mk3? The chassis would be naff! I've seen 197's go for under 3k now...better off doing that. Unless you're doing the work yourself, you'll need to budget a couple of k to get the work done.

Fairly certain the Mark 3 is a 197 and the 197 is a Mark 3!

All he'd have to do is drop his engine in there, sort out all the suspension, brakes etc. Could find blown engine donor 197 quite easily, but then again you may as well drop your engine in to the donor 197! All in all, I'd go get a 197 in decent shape to save all the hassle!.

Fairly certain the Mark 3 is a 197 and the 197 is a Mark 3!

All he'd have to do is drop his engine in there, sort out all the suspension, brakes etc. Could find blown engine donor 197 quite easily, but then again you may as well drop your engine in to the donor 197! All in all, I'd go get a 197 in decent shape to save all the hassle!.

I just think he means a standard Clio, not a 197. (Not sure if in standard clio terms if that's a 3 or 3 though)

Yeap, I believe he means a standard Mk3 Clio. The 197 is a variant of the Mk3. I know it may not matter but surely the 197 has a longer and wider track for a reason so it would be best to start of with a 197 as opposed to a standard Clio