F1 season 2018 comments here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the WEC regs are up for question when you see videos like that. Why is hybrid power limited? Surely the more hybrid power they can use the more developed the systems get and therefore the more likely manufacturers are to use them in road cars? Showcase the technology, don't limit it.

Mate, the really really daft thing is, the likes of you and me and many many other fans can see so many things that are wrong. Yet the idiots in charge just seem to make it worse.

To me they’re not fit to run the sport and we have clear proof all over the place. Remember that daft qualifying format they brought in and even before the first session everyone said it was going to be bollocks. And it was.

They really haven’t got a clue. And the manufacturers love it because they’re getting what they want out of it. All at the expense of good racing with some battles that don’t just last for one braking phase of one corner.

Sense shy set of twats. Could happily poke them all in the eye.

Reactions: Beany and Sean197
F1 has become a pretty sorry state of affairs, the sports been killed by health and safety, stupid rules and regulations.

I get the whole hybrid thing but that's not really the issue, if manufacturers want to plunge billions into r&d that filters down to road cars then crack on its not the engine that's making dull racing. What is is brick wall aero effect, half a dozen tyres choices that are all sh*t, starting a race with a full tank of fuel, then add in the boring gentlemen racing and it's like watching a parade going round... Senna attitude required, if there's a gap you go for it!

Sadly, like refuelling pit stops will become a thing of the past after ferrari's latest escapade (which is horrible to watch, poor guy!) :screamcat:

In reality an F1 race today would probably get more action if they rocked up to the grid in Robin Reliants, no rules lads just go bash the sh*t out of each other like it's mariokart :laughing:

Also halo, drs, vsc, team orders all need to be ditched, give em flame throwers instead.

Reactions: Sean197
I'll put this in here - Billy Monger achieved a 3rd-place finish in his first race back after his accident, driving a specially-adapted F3 car - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/motorsport/43606264
Amazing achievement!

Was absolutely blown away when I heard this news. To come back as he has from something so utterly catastrophic is just incredible. Seems a really good kid too. Hope he goes on to be a massive success in his life, looks very much like he will.

Pretty amazing watching him being interviewed and talking through how he operates his car.

Reactions: peter and Sean197
F1 has become a pretty sorry state of affairs, the sports been killed by health and safety, stupid rules and regulations.

I get the whole hybrid thing but that's not really the issue, if manufacturers want to plunge billions into r&d that filters down to road cars then crack on its not the engine that's making dull racing. What is is brick wall aero effect, half a dozen tyres choices that are all sh*t, starting a race with a full tank of fuel, then add in the boring gentlemen racing and it's like watching a parade going round... Senna attitude required, if there's a gap you go for it!

Sadly, like refuelling pit stops will become a thing of the past after ferrari's latest escapade (which is horrible to watch, poor guy!) :screamcat:

In reality an F1 race today would probably get more action if they rocked up to the grid in Robin Reliants, no rules lads just go bash the sh*t out of each other like it's mariokart :laughing:

Also halo, drs, vsc, team orders all need to be ditched, give em flame throwers instead.

Disagree about pitstops. I'd rather they don't do them at all. It just gives them an opportunity to make passes in the pits and not on the track. No one wants to see that. If the Ferrari disaster makes the H&S crazies outlaw pitstops I'll see it very much as a silver lining.

Glad he's on the mend, nasty break but at least just a break.

As for the Senna coment, couldn't agree more. That's why I like Max. If they were all like him it would be carnage. Beautiful racey carnage!

"Mr Boam says that Mansell was chosen as the benchmark for how all drivers will look as a result of extensive market research. ‘Nigel polls well in the UK because he’s British and very well in Italy because he drove for Ferrari and looks a bit like a Super Mario Brother,’ he explains. ‘He also does well in Germany because he has a moustache, in the USA because he won Indycar and he has a moustache, and in many Latin nations because of his habit of making a total fuss about minor issues. And because he has a moustache.’"

Genius. Fookin genius. LOVE that site!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Re: pitstops i think the tyres play a part here, gone are the days of "I'm gonna make these tyres last all race" or "I'm gonna pit pit pit and overtake everyone to get to the front".

Undercuting is lame I agree, but not necessarily the ethos of pitting when it adds to the race.

P.S. The term box wants eradicating, it's a pit not a box, box is euphemism for lady parts.

Last edited:
I think the tyres play a part here, gone are the days of "I'm gonna make these tyres last all race" or "I'm gonna pit pit pit and overtake everyone to get to the front".

Undercuting is lame I agree, but not necessarily the ethos of pitting when it adds to the race.

P.S. The term box wants eradicating, it's a pit not a box, box is euphemism for lady parts.

Box is short for the German 'boxenstopp', meaning pitstop. no idea why they use it though!

I think the best Mercedes strategy tomorrow will be:

Sacrifice Bottas on the first corner... straight into the side of Vettel. Fingers crossed taking out Kimi too.

Hamilton takes first

Then swap the mechanics from Ferrari to red bull, and hope they get ran over to finish MV & DR’s races

I feel that’s our only chance [emoji17]

Reactions: Foxspeed
Well that was a good race then wasn't it? It started as a snooze fest but definitely developed mid way.

Ferrari got schooled with the strategy once again, like Bahrain. But at Bahrain they were lucky as they only got the win due to Vettel's brilliant driving in combination to Botta's inability to pull off an overtake.

Red bull, god these boys deserve an award. Changing engine in 2 seconds, being on it and making the right call when it mattered, double pitstops twice, both perfectly executed. What else can we say. They show everyone how's done, very well done.

Riccardo showed his racecraft once again, not much to say here. The boy can overtake, period.

Verstappen showed his twat-ness once again, he is a joke, no two ways about it. He lost the win, he cost points to his team and his driving etiquette is simply bad. Fair play for accepting his mistake but that doesn't change the fact that he is a twat. Talented twat that is. He's been around for so long now, no excuses.

Top points for vettel demonstrating unremarkable calmness given the circumstances. His team getting it wrong to start with and then a madman causing him to spin and then Alonso pulling a totally unnecessary move. No whinging, no moaning, head down and driving the car to the finishing line. As opposed to Hamilton last week who's kept arguing with his team over the radio.

Speaking of Hamilton, lost and again outperformed by Bottas, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

All in all, great race and fighting right to the end. Good story.

Reactions: peter
be even better when riccardo is in a ferrari

I'd love to see that, but sadly I think Vettel would veto it as he's a bottle-less whining twat.
Speaking of twats, Max is still convinced he doesn't need to change his driving style. Seems like he's well and truly engrossed in the Red Bull 'the world is always against us' attitude then.

That's right Sean, I'm an unbiased Vettel supporter and it pains me to say but Riccardo beat Vettel fair and square when they were both in Red Bull. Vettel knows it and that's why he left, if he hadn't he would have seen his market value as a 4 time champion drop dramatically.

As for Max...as I said, joke.

feel a bit (tiny bit) sorry for bottas. did everything right today, was just unlucky with the safety car.

alonso was great again. i find him an arrogant bastard, but he sure still is one of the best. vandoorne needs to step up quickly. the talent is there, but perhaps not the balls. looses to much time/places in combat and the start.

Reactions: ///M and Sean197
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Thread Suggestions