F1 season 2018 comments here

Status
Not open for further replies.
on the honda saga dont forget maclaren also wanted exceptionally tight packaging of the engine which forced honda to run a smaller inlet on the compressor side and the oil tank balls up as well...which then led tham to another redesign the following season!
having said that honda only did a good job in the turbo era and the early v12/v10 with maclaren as when they were with b-a-r thier engines werent the most reliable or most powerful and have since lost their way to innovate

They were clearly trying it on with the Renault too judging by all the scorch marks on the engine cover. I’d love to see them back at the front but it’s starting to feel like a bit of a rudderless ship I think!

boullier has said in an interview they had pushed the design too much and hence the failures during testing and had to redesign parts...so not as good as redbull as they were claiming

Horner saying he wants different engine modes banned. What, like the modes you had during the blown diffuser days? Prick.

New specs given to the teams today.

Epic and childish tantrums from Ferrari in 3... 2... 1...

:smiley:

New specs given to the teams today.

Epic and childish tantrums from Ferrari in 3... 2... 1...

None of which will be implemented due to multiple tantrums no doubt. The only things they should be concentrating on are a fairer distribution of money, and less aero-dependant cars.

Reactions: ///M
None of which will be implemented due to multiple tantrums no doubt. The only things they should be concentrating on are a fairer distribution of money, and less aero-dependant cars.

Totally agree. And it looks like that's two of the four key points they're putting forward.

Budget cap of $150m is going to really upset Merc and Ferrari!

As for that kid... BLOODY HELL. That's very very impressive. What a massive gap too. Loved the quote from her dad about her being better than him... yeah mate, not too hard is it?

But seriously, she could be the one to finally make a proper showing in F1.

Reactions: Sean197
Running the risk of sounding like a dick...

Someone twice her age, in Japan, is likely to be twice her weight?
Massive difference in cars like that!
But then.... 11! Shouldn’t make THAT much of a difference haha

That thought ran through my head too. But 12 years old? Record by over a second? She's clearly very very good indeed.

And as she gets older and her weight increases, her driving could get even better too.

Amazing performance either way!

Reactions: M19TNR
Pretty exciting race and no comments!

Apathy?

Aside from the F1, did anyone see the F2? One of the best races I've seen in a long long time. Lando was incredible. Seems to be absolutely the real deal. But the star of the show was certainly Markelov. His fight through the field was nothing short of amazing and his battle at the end when he was trying to take second is absolutely what motorsport is about.

Well worth seeking out if you've not seen it.

Pretty exciting race and no comments!

Apathy?

Aside from the F1, did anyone see the F2? One of the best races I've seen in a long long time. Lando was incredible. Seems to be absolutely the real deal. But the star of the show was certainly Markelov. His fight through the field was nothing short of amazing and his battle at the end when he was trying to take second is absolutely what motorsport is about.

Well worth seeking out if you've not seen it.

For the first time in years I didn't bother watching the race, and wasn't bothered about catching up on it either. Australia was beyond dull. The cars are shit, the tyres are shit, the fuel limit is shit, and most of the drivers have no business being there - see the alarming and embarrassing decline of Williams as evidence.
I've only read up on it on Sky F1's site, and had to laugh at Hamilton calling Max a dickhead. It's about time someone called Max out, I've seen the move where he hit Hamilton and he pushed him wide then drove into him. No excuses there.
I have the F2 races on Sky Q, plan to watch them sometime during the week, but honestly this weekend I paid more attention to the WRC from Corsica and also the Classic WRC that Motorsport TV showed - 1986 and 1988 Tour de Corse, the awesome Group B cars (although unfortunately Henri Toivonen was killed at Corsica in '86) and the mega Group A Integrale in '88.

For the first time in years I didn't bother watching the race, and wasn't bothered about catching up on it either. Australia was beyond dull. The cars are shit, the tyres are shit, the fuel limit is shit, and most of the drivers have no business being there - see the alarming and embarrassing decline of Williams as evidence.
I've only read up on it on Sky F1's site, and had to laugh at Hamilton calling Max a dickhead. It's about time someone called Max out, I've seen the move where he hit Hamilton and he pushed him wide then drove into him. No excuses there.

Not sure if you might be mixing up 2 races there? Australia was dull, yes. However the Hamilton/Verstappen 'dickhead' comment was at Bahrain - which was a fantastic race. IMO Verstappen didn't give Hamilton enough room and the comment was justified - fairly play to Vettel for his defensive comments during the post-race interview when the reporter called Hamilton out for it.

Botas, IMO, is not a top 5 driver - he should have won that race but he just doesn't seem to have the same drive/lust for victory as Hamilton does and wasn't putting enough pressure on Vettel during the last 10 laps (possibly team orders left it too late to make the push call...obviously they were counting on either another pit, or Vettel having tyre failure)

Hopefully the wheel man makes a speedy recovery, the slow motion clip of his leg snapping in 2 looked horrendous.

Fair play to Vettel making those tyres last.

Not sure if you might be mixing up 2 races there? Australia was dull, yes. However the Hamilton/Verstappen 'dickhead' comment was at Bahrain - which was a fantastic race. IMO Verstappen didn't give Hamilton enough room and the comment was justified - fairly play to Vettel for his defensive comments during the post-race interview when the reporter called Hamilton out for it.

Botas, IMO, is not a top 5 driver - he should have won that race but he just doesn't seem to have the same drive/lust for victory as Hamilton does and wasn't putting enough pressure on Vettel during the last 10 laps (possibly team orders left it too late to make the push call...obviously they were counting on either another pit, or Vettel having tyre failure)

Hopefully the wheel man makes a speedy recovery, the slow motion clip of his leg snapping in 2 looked horrendous.

Fair play to Vettel making those tyres last.

I meant I didn't bother with Bahrain due to Australia being dull. I'm not interested in a series where the cars struggle to pass due to aero.

I have the F2 races on Sky Q, plan to watch them sometime during the week, but honestly this weekend I paid more attention to the WRC from Corsica and also the Classic WRC that Motorsport TV showed - 1986 and 1988 Tour de Corse, the awesome Group B cars (although unfortunately Henri Toivonen was killed at Corsica in '86) and the mega Group A Integrale in '88.

Was a good race mate. Even if the result pissed me off.

But your comment about aero restricting passing is bang on, and we saw it again. Everything else I could just about handle if they could sort the bloody aero out. Two seconds worth of wake is utterly ridiculous. I'd happily stand on Todt's neck until his eyes popped out. The bloke is a world class twunt and should be removed from office immediately.

At least we now have Ross trying to make things better. I think he'll get it right eventually, but how many will be left watching when he does?

As for the historical stuff they show on Motorsport TV, bloody hell it's awesome huh? Watching the hell out of it all.

Was a good race mate. Even if the result pissed me off.

But your comment about aero restricting passing is bang on, and we saw it again. Everything else I could just about handle if they could sort the bloody aero out. Two seconds worth of wake is utterly ridiculous. I'd happily stand on Todt's neck until his eyes popped out. The bloke is a world class twunt and should be removed from office immediately.

At least we now have Ross trying to make things better. I think he'll get it right eventually, but how many will be left watching when he does?

As for the historical stuff they show on Motorsport TV, bloody hell it's awesome huh? Watching the hell out of it all.

Not sure about Liberty or Ross Brawn to be honest. So far it's all been about the 'show' and pandering to new fans with the overly-childish graphics, the stupid USA walk-ons etc. FFS someone just show Liberty a pic of a late 80's F1 car and say 'this please'., instead of these stupid winglets that have sprouted everywhere again, despite them swearing to move away from aero-dependency in 2009!

Porsche 919 Evo. Basically the LMP1 car without rule restrictions and run to (almost) its full potential.

Faster than Hamilton's pole lap of last year!

You can SEE how ridiculously quick it is! And it's not over there, looks like they're going after Stefan Bellof's Nordschleife record too. Amazing stuff.

Not sure about Liberty or Ross Brawn to be honest. So far it's all been about the 'show' and pandering to new fans with the overly-childish graphics, the stupid USA walk-ons etc. FFS someone just show Liberty a pic of a late 80's F1 car and say 'this please'., instead of these stupid winglets that have sprouted everywhere again, despite them swearing to move away from aero-dependency in 2009!

Liberty I'm not sure about, Ross Brawn, I totally am. It's going to take time.

Porsche 919 Evo. Basically the LMP1 car without rule restrictions and run to (almost) its full potential.

Faster than Hamilton's pole lap of last year!

You can SEE how ridiculously quick it is! And it's not over there, looks like they're going after Stefan Bellof's Nordschleife record too. Amazing stuff.

Jesus the cornering speeds of that gave me a headache. Put 20 of them on a grid and I wouldn't miss a race.

Jesus the cornering speeds of that gave me a headache. Put 20 of them on a grid and I wouldn't miss a race.

SOOOOOO much in agreement mate. Isn't it incredible? Like I said, you can SEE how quick it is!!!

Motorsport. Shackled and ruined by the body who run motorsport...

SOOOOOO much in agreement mate. Isn't it incredible? Like I said, you can SEE how quick it is!!!

Motorsport. Shackled and ruined by the body who run motorsport...

Even the WEC regs are up for question when you see videos like that. Why is hybrid power limited? Surely the more hybrid power they can use the more developed the systems get and therefore the more likely manufacturers are to use them in road cars? Showcase the technology, don't limit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Thread Suggestions