F1 season 2017 comments here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed - particaurlly as he apologised also...

I like Ricciardo, but it was a major overreaction to call his teammate a sore loser - it wasn't a deliberate ram, Vertsappen was just trying to win back the place he lost, he happened to lock up and they collided - simple mistake IMO. Quite a lot of big egos in F1 at the moment.

I like Ricciardo, but it was a major overreaction to call his teammate a sore loser - it wasn't a deliberate ram, Vertsappen was just trying to win back the place he lost, he happened to lock up and they collided - simple mistake IMO. Quite a lot of big egos in F1 at the moment.

Yes at least one per team lol!

Crap race. Could tell pretty much from Friday that Lewis was going to have one of his off weekends.

When one guy is leading with a seriously hampered car and there are three top drivers, two of them world champions, all of who are a lot faster but who simply can not pass, really what is the point in the "sport"? Vettel should have finished 5th. Sure my views on it are compounded by having a very strong dislike of the little scumbag but the regs are an absolute joke.

Ricciardo, really can't stand the guy. Absolutely zero class.

Onward and upwards. This track was never going to suit the Merc with the daft long wheelbase (still don't get why they did that) and the next few races after the break will give us a better idea where things are.

All eyes on Kubica now!

Problem is, he doesn't get it. He doesn't have the mindset of a champion. Max does.

I'd expect Max to be an absolutely terrible loser, as is Lewis and Vettel. It's the will to win, beyond that of normal men, that makes them who they are. Daniel and his big bottom lip simply don't have it.

Reactions: Foxspeed
Crap race. Could tell pretty much from Friday that Lewis was going to have one of his off weekends.

When one guy is leading with a seriously hampered car and there are three top drivers, two of them world champions, all of who are a lot faster but who simply can not pass, really what is the point in the "sport"? Vettel should have finished 5th. Sure my views on it are compounded by having a very strong dislike of the little scumbag but the regs are an absolute joke.

Ricciardo, really can't stand the guy. Absolutely zero class.

Onward and upwards. This track was never going to suit the Merc with the daft long wheelbase (still don't get why they did that) and the next few races after the break will give us a better idea where things are.

All eyes on Kubica now!

The track is shite, pure and simple. And there's no way Kimi was going to pass Vettel. World Champion in '07 to no.2 lackey 10 years later. The guy is an embarrassment.
Kudos to Hamilton for handing the place back to Bottas, but the truth is that Hamilton was much faster and only couldn't pass because of the track and joke aero regs. I wouldn't have given it back, but at least he has a favour in the bag should he need Bottas to help him later in the season.
Roll on Spa, a proper track.
Oh, and there's a story that a race in VIETNAM will replace Malaysia. I thought Bernie leaving would get rid of F1 having races in places like this? They want a gp in Vietnam but can't agree to keep Silverstone past 2019? Fuck off! Bring back Imola and Magny Cours if you want to add more races to the calendar, not some third-world country where the government will have to prop up the hosting fee with money they can barely afford, while half the grandstands remain empty. South Korea anyone?

Reactions: ///M
The track is shite, pure and simple. And there's no way Kimi was going to pass Vettel. World Champion in '07 to no.2 lackey 10 years later. The guy is an embarrassment.
Kudos to Hamilton for handing the place back to Bottas, but the truth is that Hamilton was much faster and only couldn't pass because of the track and joke aero regs. I wouldn't have given it back, but at least he has a favour in the bag should he need Bottas to help him later in the season.
Roll on Spa, a proper track.
Oh, and there's a story that a race in VIETNAM will replace Malaysia. I thought Bernie leaving would get rid of F1 having races in places like this? They want a gp in Vietnam but can't agree to keep Silverstone past 2019? Fuck off! Bring back Imola and Magny Cours if you want to add more races to the calendar, not some third-world country where the government will have to prop up the hosting fee with money they can barely afford, while half the grandstands remain empty. South Korea anyone?

Track is indeed a joke but in years gone by they have at least been able to make a pass. You could literally see the point the dirty air just washed the front out. I actually like the track, it's just crap for passing.

Spa, INDEED! A proper track.

Vietnam??? Seriously??? My god. I bet it's another Tilke borefest too. Imola, Magny Cours, the old Hockenheim, and my favourite for lists like this, Brands Hatch :smiley: Yeah I know the safety is terrible.

Great rant Sean, agree with every word. It's not motorsport any more, just marketing.

Reactions: Sean197
Track is indeed a joke but in years gone by they have at least been able to make a pass. You could literally see the point the dirty air just washed the front out. I actually like the track, it's just crap for passing.

Spa, INDEED! A proper track.

Vietnam??? Seriously??? My god. I bet it's another Tilke borefest too. Imola, Magny Cours, the old Hockenheim, and my favourite for lists like this, Brands Hatch :smiley: Yeah I know the safety is terrible.

Great rant Sean, agree with every word. It's not motorsport any more, just marketing.

Old Hockenheim would be amazing, unfortunately the old part now looks like this:

Hockenheim-old-circuit-replanted_2725671.jpg

Old Hockenheim would be amazing, unfortunately the old part now looks like this:

View attachment 111473

It's shocking isn't it? One of the greatest race tracks ever and now it's just gone.

Although to be honest, I'd rather it looks like this than it still being there but all overgrown and with weeds growing through the tarmac. That was just depressing.

Although so is F1 really.

That has GOT to be a blag no?

Can't be real.

When I highlighted the problem with Spa in an earlier post I figured they must have considered it.

Please tell me that's not real Sean???!!!

I assume someone has mocked it up in photoshop, but it can't be far off.

View attachment 111473

you know it's kind of funny, but when hockenheim replaced the nürburgring as host of the german grand prix (back in the seventies), it got alot of flack from 'the purists' for being far too bland. what we wouldn't give for such a high speed fest nowadays, eh?

oh ... and magnussen ... should get a one-race suspension. he drove hülkenberg right off the track. twat.

I'm really surprised he didn't get a penalty. If that was Lewis people would be having a field day.

Definitely deserved one.

Had to laugh at the "suck my balls" comment though.

Good thing is, both Kev and the Hulk are in cars with similar pace. They're going to come across each other on track a lot. Could be fun!

I'm really surprised he didn't get a penalty.

he did, mes. five seconds to his total race time. dropping him from 11th to 13th. and two penalty points on his licence (total of seven now).

alonso setting fastest time. couldn't get my head around it. appears now that he did three sub 1.21's in the last nine laps (best was 1.20.182). explanation is, he was the only one of the front runners driving in free air. vettel held up his teammate and the mercs. kimi did a 1.20.461 on the last lap, so obviously could have gone much faster. but still, verstappen was chasing bottas and his fastest lap was 1.20.584. that mclaren chassis is top drawer. shame about that japanese lump in the back.

disappointed in vandoorne. messed up his pitstop and lost P9 to ocon as a consequence.

Reactions: ///M
he did, mes. five seconds to his total race time. dropping him from 11th to 13th. and two penalty points on his licence (total of seven now).

alonso setting fastest time. couldn't get my head around it. appears now that he did three sub 1.21's in the last nine laps (best was 1.20.182). explanation is, he was the only one of the front runners driving in free air. vettel held up his teammate and the mercs. kimi did a 1.20.461 on the last lap, so obviously could have gone much faster. but still, verstappen was chasing bottas and his fastest lap was 1.20.584. that mclaren chassis is top drawer. shame about that japanese lump in the back.

disappointed in vandoorne. messed up his pitstop and lost P9 to ocon as a consequence.

Yeah mate. Found out about it after I made that post.

I turned the TV off after Max crossed the line and went out for a drive to cheer me up :smiley:

Correct decision. Was too much.

Didn't know about Alonso though. That's hilarious. At least it shows there is some good in the chassis. They both looked much happier all weekend. Such a shame. The whole thing is surreal.

Vandoorne has some really crap luck. Still convinced if that car had anything other than a lawnmower engine in it, he'd be very impressive. There's time yet. Just.

Last edited:
Reactions: peter
Watching Renault F1 stuff in their Instagram stories. Pretty cool seeing Kubica all in his Renault kit.

GO ROBERT!!!

Really hope he goes well.

Watching Renault F1 stuff in their Instagram stories. Pretty cool seeing Kubica all in his Renault kit.

GO ROBERT!!!

Really hope he goes well.

I'd be amazed if he got a full-time drive again considering his partially-severed his arm. Mind you, even with one arm and a half-working stump he'd still be better than Jolyon Palmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Thread Suggestions