F1 season 2017 comments here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loving this :smile::smile::smile: :wink:

200.webp

Reactions: Sean197
Robert Kubica is to take part in the post-Hungarian GP test at the Hungaroring, in a 2017 Renault.
He apparently handled over 100 laps in a 2012 car no problem, and if this goes well he could well be in line for a 2018 Renault drive.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/10959506/robert-kubica-to-drive-for-renault-in-hungary-test

It's great news about Robert. He was a very sad loss to F1, just as he was coming into his prime.

I hope it all works out for him, although I worry his best days may have passed, but I guess we'll see.

Hopefully he can stop having HUGE accidents too! He does seem to have more than most.

In other F1 news, the decision to go with the halo for next season is an absolute joke. They drew their own line in the sand and are now going ahead with this abomination just so they look like they're doing something.

F1 needs a complete change at the top. These old duffers simply aren't fit for purpose.

It's great news about Robert. He was a very sad loss to F1, just as he was coming into his prime.

I hope it all works out for him, although I worry his best days may have passed, but I guess we'll see.

Hopefully he can stop having HUGE accidents too! He does seem to have more than most.

In other F1 news, the decision to go with the halo for next season is an absolute joke. They drew their own line in the sand and are now going ahead with this abomination just so they look like they're doing something.

F1 needs a complete change at the top. These old duffers simply aren't fit for purpose.

Kubica in WRC was hilarious - one minute he was in contention, the next he was upside-down in a field with his car in bits. He must have paid a fortune in insurance premiums.
Unfortunately I think his best days are behind him, and I don't think being at Renault (if he does get a drive) will help his competitiveness.

The halo is a joke. The need for it has been massively over-exaggerated. The risk of a wheel flying off has largely been eliminated due to the wheel tethers, and Bianchi's accident was caused by machinery being on track, which happens once in a blue moon. The halo is as much of a joke as the Indycar cars, and the hideous bodywork they implemented to stop cars flying up over other cars' wheels (didn't help Scott Dixon at Indy, so another idea that didn't work when push came to shove). Massive over-reaction imho.
Jean Todt is useless, he doesn't do anything. Max Mosely was a dick, but at least he was active and actually got things done, or manoeuvred the teams into a situation where things got done.

Reactions: ///M
Kubica in WRC was hilarious - one minute he was in contention, the next he was upside-down in a field with his car in bits. He must have paid a fortune in insurance premiums.
Unfortunately I think his best days are behind him, and I don't think being at Renault (if he does get a drive) will help his competitiveness.

The halo is a joke. The need for it has been massively over-exaggerated. The risk of a wheel flying off has largely been eliminated due to the wheel tethers, and Bianchi's accident was caused by machinery being on track, which happens once in a blue moon. The halo is as much of a joke as the Indycar cars, and the hideous bodywork they implemented to stop cars flying up over other cars' wheels (didn't help Scott Dixon at Indy, so another idea that didn't work when push came to shove). Massive over-reaction imho.
Jean Todt is useless, he doesn't do anything. Max Mosely was a dick, but at least he was active and actually got things done, or manoeuvred the teams into a situation where things got done.

As usual, I agree entirely mate.

This is mostly a legacy of the Bianchi accident and the FIA being very much at fault and having to be seen to do something.

Thoroughly disliked Mosely but at least he got things done. Todt is an absolute charlatan in my opinion and should have been brought to justice over the Jules' death. The first death at a race since '94 and it was nothing to do with the design of the cars and everything to do with the FIA not following their own procedure. The fact that little scumbag still holds his position in the FIA let alone be allowed to walk freely as some bastion of road safety makes my blood boil.

As for Robert, all I can have for him is hope. It would be absolutely brilliant to see him at the sharp end of the grid again!

Love Hamilton as a driver, but this is horrific :ban::oops:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BW3QZxHFjH7/

Not really many words for that is there :smile: he's clearly not too happy he's got a mega receding hairline and he'll do whatever it takes to hide it :smile: nice pyjamas though! oh wait...they're his actual clothes...??

I much preferred the look of the canopy over the halo, but either way I think it's a knee-jerk reaction: F1 and motorsport is dangerous, there will always be a risk of injury and death, as sad as that may be. You can't possibly tick every box in the hope that you'll eliminate every single chance of something bad happening. We've all seen Final Destination, right??

Love Hamilton as a driver, but this is horrific :ban::oops:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BW3QZxHFjH7/

Oh well that's just the fookin' LIMIT.

That's it. I can't support someone who dresses like this. I'm immediately convinced he's an utterly crap driver, the most over-rated of all time in fact, he purposefully cheats, like ALL the time, and is clearly the most horrible, undeserving, moody scumbag the world has ever seen.

OMG I HATE HIM SO MUCH!!!

/sarcasm

GO LEWIS!!!

Reports in Germany claiming that if Kubica shows the same pace at the Hungary test next week that he did in previous tests earlier in the year in the 2012 car then he could replace Jolyon Palmer at Spa -
(full story in German) - http://www.bild.de/sport/motorsport/robert-kubica/faehrt-naechsten-formel-1-test-52641910.bild.html

Also, Aston Martin pondering joining F1 if the engine cost is reduced:

https://drivetribe.com/p/aston-mart...KwxURDqDp_-zbh8Mjw?iid=LmqeZ_UQSVWFKEx7HNvWQg

tP6iBkrfTEWTmmayQVph_L-4mA0r3S6O63Mjjn7NW6w.jpg

Didn't know about Aston! That would be pretty awesome I think, although it's not going to be until 2021 if they do. Maybe by then, the babies at Red Bull will have thrown their rattles fully out of the pram and they can just buy the team!

The Kubica / Palmer rumour has been a strong one for a while now. Seems a no brainer to me. Even one armed, he'd get more points on the board than Jolyon! If he's good at the Hungaroring, they should definitely go for it.

Other big news of the day is that Mercedes are pulling out of DTM at the end of 2018 to move into Formula E!

Not really many words for that is there :smile: he's clearly not too happy he's got a mega receding hairline and he'll do whatever it takes to hide it :smile: nice pyjamas though! oh wait...they're his actual clothes...??

I much preferred the look of the canopy over the halo, but either way I think it's a knee-jerk reaction: F1 and motorsport is dangerous, there will always be a risk of injury and death, as sad as that may be. You can't possibly tick every box in the hope that you'll eliminate every single chance of something bad happening. We've all seen Final Destination, right??

Ive got two.

The fuck?

Reactions: Jimmy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Thread Suggestions