Extra Stripey Gordini - Recaro pics added

I really should also say a thank you to Andy Cochrane who is the guy who did all the work to my car. In fact he is the only one I ever trust to do anything to it. For those of you who haven't come across Andy, he used to work for R-Sport (formerly Radbourne Racing) who obviously have a long history of fast Renaults and the race cars. Although he has a huge experience of building the race cars, there isn't much he doesn't know about the road cars. As well as being a top mechanic, he is also an extremely nice guy and I would recommend him to anyone. If you do need a good mechanic, pm me and I will happily send you his contact details.

Reactions: Dystant
A couple of last updates for tonight. It turns out the MOT advisory I had was right about some play in the steering. Andy changed a universal joint so that problem is rectified and the steering feels tighter.

Earlier on I bought a speedo off eBay from a regular Clio for only £9 delivered. I'm going to experiment on this with some ideas I have :smile:

Thanks mate. How's yours looking, I've been out so haven't been able to check but I'm excited to see it :smile:

MASSIVE transformation mate. Just about to go out for another go!

Wheels looks fantastic, even better than we were hoping.

Suspension is absolutely superb. Blown away. And that's with slightly slippy new rubber that hasn't been scrubbed in yet.

Full report tomorrow after a wash :smile:

Reactions: kevlar and Gordini
MASSIVE transformation mate. Just about to go out for another go!

Wheels looks fantastic, even better than we were hoping.

Suspension is absolutely superb. Blown away. And that's with slightly slippy new rubber that hasn't been scrubbed in yet.

Full report tomorrow after a wash :smile:
Great to hear, can't wait to see the pics and the beastie in real life on Sunday :smile:

Reactions: ///M
Odd thing wanting to go fast so that you can stop faster! I'd be all over them brakes:grinning:

Pity the guy Behind you tomorrow...!

Reactions: Gordini
I've never been a fan of the Gordini but the changes you've made to yours make it the way it should have been in my eyes. Really like it, wheels in particular are perfect for the theme, bet the stoppers are pretty epic too!

Reactions: ///M and Gordini
I've never been a fan of the Gordini but the changes you've made to yours make it the way it should have been in my eyes. Really like it, wheels in particular are perfect for the theme, bet the stoppers are pretty epic too!
Thanks Ben. I consider the car to be at about phase one at the moment with lots still to come :smile: The brakes really are epic mate, still can't get used to them. But they make driving other cars very difficult now! :wink:

But they make driving other cars very difficult now! :wink:

Rumour is; people driving behind you now; find it as equally difficult and challenging in the braking areas :smile:

I thought the pics of your car in natural daylight on the grass at the meet Sunday - made it look much-much nicer than the few (In your driveway ?) that i'd previously seen. I somehow got a better overall picture of it as-such. And that's saying something.......

****Thanks for the 'gift' today BTW. Safely received thanks. And will be safely returned too !