Expensive morning for the LY (and life in general!!!)

yeah basically, only problem is the akra is 2.75 inch and best gains is from a 3inch but no way am i taking off a sweet sounding exhaust which was a 1800quid. But im thinking decat and maybe a hybrid tubro. but shhh.
I’d like a hybrid turbo as well. Be nice to still be getting full power all the way to the redline rather than tailing off at around 6k mark.

yeah basically, only problem is the akra is 2.75 inch and best gains is from a 3inch but no way am i taking off a sweet sounding exhaust which was a 1800quid. But im thinking decat and maybe a hybrid tubro. but shhh.
Wow £1800 I thought it was expensive for the Clio! But I bet it does sound awesome

Reactions: jamesgw200
I’d like a hybrid turbo as well. Be nice to still be getting full power all the way to the redline rather than tailing off at around 6k mark.
i dont feel like mine is running out of puff at all. But engine dynamics seem to do a really reasonable exchange price for the turbo, also means 330bhp possibly.

Reactions: Beany
hmmm..thats the music to my ears..more power it is :thumb:

Reactions: jamesgw200
Ben is thinking big i believe..just watched a vid about hybrid turbo on youtube..interesting..would be nice to have no lag!!!

I remember shortly after getting mine and thinking the flexis had gone.
Turned out it was a crack in the mani, so I bought a second hand mani and drove to Nottingham for it.
On the way the mani blew two of the pipes clean off the engine plate, sounded like some sort of V6 with no headers, was horrific.

I'm actually worried the flexis have gone again, sometimes it sounds like it's blowing, but other times it doesn't. I'll be pissed if they are, I only changed the mani this year and it's like a 4-5 hour job if you go to a garage..

Update!

Spoken with my dad this evening weighing up my options.

So Saturday I’m driving back Kings Lynn way to drop the Clio off for a week at my dads workplace, of which they have all the tools they’ll need to get the manifold off, and inspect the flexi’s, of which they will assess how repairable it is!

So I get the joys of a totally different kind of Renault for next week.... a Kangoo they use as a run around!

I’m going to invest in some uprated engine mounts to be delivered there next week, I’ve looked at KTEC ones, but I believe most that have done this are using powerflex?

In terms of the exhaust, my dad’s friend works close with Scorpion in BSB, and provided a contact who said they’re more than happy to assist with getting system!

Who knows if all goes to pot, I could be turning up to the Xmas doo in a Kangoo, any mod recommendations?

Update!

Spoken with my dad this evening weighing up my options.

So Saturday I’m driving back Kings Lynn way to drop the Clio off for a week at my dads workplace, of which they have all the tools they’ll need to get the manifold off, and inspect the flexi’s, of which they will assess how repairable it is!

So I get the joys of a totally different kind of Renault for next week.... a Kangoo they use as a run around!

I’m going to invest in some uprated engine mounts to be delivered there next week, I’ve looked at KTEC ones, but I believe most that have done this are using powerflex?

In terms of the exhaust, my dad’s friend works close with Scorpion in BSB, and provided a contact who said they’re more than happy to assist with getting system!

Who knows if all goes to pot, I could be turning up to the Xmas doo in a Kangoo, any mod recommendations?

You better get your ass into gear, you can't come in a bloody van lol!