exhaut pops question

I did a little search but couldn't find what I was after...

I've noticed that my car pops when letting off above 3.5kprm and giving it a quick blip.

Since I don't know the history (mods) of the car I was wondering... what would most likely cause this?

The only mods I know of are the KTR pro performance exhaust and the itg panel filter. Will these pops happen on a standard map with the CATs in place?

There are only pops, no bangs lol.

cheers :smile:

i think the standard can pop now and again. with a ktec exhaust it will definately pop.

cheers :smile:

so my car wont be decatted then? the normal ktr system will do it?

... now then... how do i do it on cue? practise? :tongue_smilie:

ive got the ktec 100 cell sports cat on mine, but i think it can do it on just the cat back. it can mainly be done on cold start. but normal giving it the beans 1st to 2nd, and over run droppin down the gears does it, and i found fitting the 64mm throttle body makes it pop with more force.

ah, not sure on the specifics of my exhaust whether its the full system, cat back and how many cats it has.

i find it does it more frequently in 3rd gear, giving it beans, letting off then blipping.

the ported tb is on my to do list but ill be saving for the tb, map and cams at the same time.

a while away i think :tongueout:

popping is normal when you let off after revving... its just unburnt fuel entering the exhaust and exploding with the heat

The K-Tec cat-bak exhaust pops like crazy: changing gear, backing off, anywhere. The best is backing off at 4.5k but leaving very slight throttle applied, dumping fuel in but enough to accelerate. Not great for your fuel consumption but man it sounds good.

I now have a standard exhaust with centre section removed and it does it too, but not as loud. Though if you rev up go 4k and then change gear it's possible to get a 'whip crack' noise. Can scare unsuspecting passengers and passers-by 8)