exhaust advice

Legend@wheels

Gold Member
hi
i have fully oe exhaut system except from the backbox (supersprint).
i want to have more pops/backfires but prevent flat spot and the need of remap.
what are the options ?
cheers

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

nope.
only replaced the backbox,ive heard that i might get flat spot by removing the mid silencer

the flat spot is not better or worse than what you would have already, i believe a remap is advisable even if you change the whole system.

It's not possible unless you get an Akra, but I don't know how much it will pop and bang considering you'd still have both cats in place.

Reactions: Legend@wheels
if ill only take off the second cat will it get a flat spot?and check engine light?
im sure there is any way to take off any of the cats/silencer and get a better sound/pops without getting a f.s or check engine light.

Buy full akra exhaust. No any worries about mot check or any check engine lights.
Yes, when its hot it will pop when chaning gears up if you hit limiter.

if ill only take off the second cat will it get a flat spot?and check engine light?
im sure there is any way to take off any of the cats/silencer and get a better sound/pops without getting a f.s or check engine light.
You won't get a check engine light, but i'm not sure about the flatspot. Maybe someone who has a resonated exhaust with a decat could help?

Buy full akra exhaust. No any worries about mot check or any check engine lights.
Yes, when its hot it will pop when chaning gears up if you hit limiter.

Ours almost never pops. Even at the redline. Very occasionally it surprises me but mostly there are no pops or bangs. Might be more raucous on a 200 but I wouldn't know.

Reactions: Sean197
Ours almost never pops. Even at the redline. Very occasionally it surprises me but mostly there are no pops or bangs. Might be more raucous on a 200 but I wouldn't know.
i suppose it would be the same.

Reactions: ///M
Popping and banging is unburnt fuel going into the exhaust on overrun. If you really want them then get pops and bangs mapped in, in which case say goodbye to your cats as the unburnt fuel will destroy them.
If this is happening with an exhaust fitted but no remap then your fuelling is out.
Can I ask why you want them? They sound shit imo. Concentrate on getting your car running properly and enjoy it that way.

Popping and banging is unburnt fuel going into the exhaust on overrun. If you really want them then get pops and bangs mapped in, in which case say goodbye to your cats as the unburnt fuel will destroy them.
If this is happening with an exhaust fitted but no remap then your fuelling is out.
Can I ask why you want them? They sound shit imo. Concentrate on getting your car running properly and enjoy it that way.

Sound advice. You can have them mapped in but it’s a cat killer for sure!