Excessive white steam

Jordanfaf

Winner - POTM November 2017, January 2018
Been getting a lot of white steam from the exhaust system recently. Assumed it was just the cold weather however today was very mild. And my car was the only one with a plume of white smoke following on the commute to college.

I doubt it's the headgasket, oil is clean coolant is clean and neither are dropping levels abnirmally over the last 6000 kms

I have a resonator delete (done poorly. I only noticed yesterday when I looked under) could a possible bad weld cause the steam?

Car runs great as always and pulls as it should. Just the steam and some extra pops and bangs than normal (I ain't complaining about that bit [emoji16])

Anyone have an idea what's causing this?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Only a guess but less resistance in the exhaust (resonator delete) and what ever the back box might be, the faster the gas will travel out and the quicker or the less time the gas has to cool so out the back on a cold day you might see more of a plume. I'd bet you the cats both of them might be removed as well. But keep an eye on the fluid levels if they don't move not much else can be wrong.

water level ok then its fine...

just be "water" in the exhaust from the combustion process

I would say excess water in exhaust. I take off my 182 back box every so often to let water out of it as I only do short journeys. You wouldn't believe the amount of water that come out!