ESP/ABS Question

Hello, today while driving in the third gear i went till the end (the shift indicator bliped 2x) and the triangle sign of ABS/ESP showed up, then i shifted into fourth and the triangle was gone.
I don't know, maybe it was little slippery...anyway is this normal or could it be due the torque in high revs?

Thnx

If the light just blinked on then I would say it's the TCS coming in and you may have had a bit of wheelspin.

If it hasn't stayed on then don't worry about it. Mine's flashed once on track and once on a motorway slip under hard acceleration in the wet.

ok, willis, thanks for the fast answer, i was only suprised it showed up in third gear, i thought i normally comes on only in first and second gear when trashing it hard.

just letting you know your traction control had engaged, could have gone over some ironwork in the road and caused a slight wheelspin

No probs!!!

It'll come on in any gear if there's enough slippage. Try driving with it turned off if you haven't already, it can feel quite different.

It's not night and day, but if you're pushing along then the car can feel a little more ''playful'' in the wet/damp. Although, it could also just be a placebo. I don't think it's the most intrusive TCS/ESP system around to be honest, but it definately does a good job of keeping things in order.

The light hardly ever comes on on mine, it really is just those two times I can remember seeing it. :smile: